Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): HDFC Debit Card (mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I get the OTP also and then after submitting, just get an error in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 3 Month Trial for Premium. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 01.51.36.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Comments

Username: Daksh7011

Plan: Student Plan

Plan Type: Premium

Device

Mi A1 ( Android One)

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Hi, I received an email from spotify that states that my payment is failed while I got an email from my Bank that I was charged INR 59.00 as monthly premium payment.

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 11.09.34 PM.png

Please look into this issue asap.

Regards,

Daksh Desai

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @daksh7011, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know your subscription status in your account overview page? If it says Free, please try following these troubleshooting steps. If that doesn't help, let me know each step you've tried on that support article and the outcome for each step.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro, Windows 10 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 13, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify Team

As above my original Credit Card whihc is licked to the account has been changed.

This credit card was added at the time when I had free 3 mth offer.
On 26/12/19 Spotify tried to take the payment however it failed as my credit card had changed.
I am now trying to add a new credit card however i keep getting the error "Payment Failed"

I have tried in incognito/private mode on Firefox and Internet Explorer and also checked that my credit card does allow online recurring payments.

Please assist.

Thanks

Hey there @SlipKnot-0

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you try adding the new credit card again in 24 hours. If you tried to add the card too many times in a short period of time, the system blocks your attempts in order to avoid possible fraudulent transactions.

In case you still see the same after trying again, you should contact the issuer of the card to check what might be causing this. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll look out for your reply and jump in if we can help any further!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @Blumentalovic, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here.

They'll take a look backstage and see what's going on.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Visitor
  • Plan

Premium Student

Country

India

Device

Asus Tuf fx505

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

On 31st January I made a transaction for annual subscription of Student premium. An amount of 59 was deducted from my bank account but it showed transaction failed on site after transaction. Also there is no upgrade in my account.

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @Tombro27,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

You can view all payment methods available to you by visiting your account overview page at Spotify.com.

Another thing you can view is you current account status in order to see if you upgrade was made.

However, there's a common mistake among users which is to create more than one account when trying to upgrade.

Therefore, please use this help page to locate all account listed with your details and make sure you're using the correct account with the correct details.

Furthermore, you can read more about unexpected charges on this help page.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi @Tombro27

Thanks for posting here! 

To further shed light on all the useful tips @OneByBoo gave, have a look at this article.

Keep us posted!

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Moto g6, Acer Aspire 5

Operating System

Windows 10 pro, Android 9

My Question or Issue

I tried to renew my student premium subscription but the page showed and error. So i tried again a couple of times. Noticed that my account got debited thrice ( Rs. 59/- every time)without even getting premium account status.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @AdarshK27, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!