Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): HDFC Debit Card (mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I get the OTP also and then after submitting, just get an error in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 3 Month Trial for Premium. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 01.51.36.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Related Issues

Comments

Hey there @AdarshK27

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Just one thing before following @Billy-J's advice - have you tried a simple update of your payment method? This step is often overlooked, but very important. By updating the payment method you basically apply the student discount to the regular price and you get to pay just half of it.

To do this, just follow this link and update the payment details when asked. Don't worry, you won't be charged additionally after performing these steps. It's just a confirmation of the payment details for your discount.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @lazyV, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try getting Premium here using a different browser or private window? If that doesn't help, it'd be best to try a different payment method if available.

Let me know how this goes!

Casual Listener
I have tried private window. Same error. For 3 Month Trial, there is currently no other payment option.
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Most likely your card is not authorized for online and recurring purchases. You can contact your bank to clarify.

I suggest using a different payment method if you have one.

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus 7T

Operating System

Android 10

I have been trying to subscribe to Spotify Premium and activate the three months trial period offer since the last 5 days. I provide card details and receive an OTP too. But the transaction fails after entering OTP and says "Something went wrong. Try later".

I have tried the above with multiple cards and when tried using a credit card, money(Rs. 2) gets deducted and shows the same error. This is the only account I've got. Also, I haven't subscribed to Premium before this. My account still shows "Spotify Free".

Spotify_Error.jpg

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Moto G6

Operating System

Android

I've been using Spotify Premium for 5 months now. I changed my debit card last month and had to upgrade my payment options. The site kept telling me that there was a 'payment failure'. I checked with the bank and it wasn't an issue from their end. Finally, after multiple tries the transaction went through and INR 119 was debited from my account (text and email confirmation from the bank). However, spotify told me that 'something went wrong, and the transaction failed'. It's been 3 hours and premium has still not been activated. How can I get a refund/activate premium without money being debited again? Thanks!

My Question or Issue

Visitor

I am having issue with premium subscription using my debit card (internationally accepted visa). My account debited ₹119 for a month subscription, but I didn't got premium access, instead it sayed "Something went wrong" error message after coming back from bank server side OTP page. 

Region:

India

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey, @apsabareesh 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, check on your account page what is the status of your account and if the system generated a billing receipt.

In the meanwhile, I recommend that you take a look at this support article to get additional tips and pieces of information that can help you to handle it.

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey, @gauris11 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, check on your account page what is the status of your account and if the system generated a billing receipt.

In the meanwhile, I recommend that you take a look at this support article to get additional tips and pieces of information that can help you to handle it.

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Brave browser 

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

I tried to buy family subscription for myself. I tried this 3 times. Every time, 179 INR were deducted from my account but I didn't got premium. I was paying with a Credit Card. I checked the receipts tab and no receipts were generated for any of my 3 transactions. The debugging steps on Spotify help page for Payment related issues were of no help. Please look into this as soon as possible. Activate my family subscription and refund the 2 extra times I paid you for this. 😕 Otherwise, I'll just have to go and file for a chargeback. 😞