Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): HDFC Debit Card (mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I get the OTP also and then after submitting, just get an error in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 3 Month Trial for Premium. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 01.51.36.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Related Issues

Comments
Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Brave browser 

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

I tried to buy family subscription for myself. I tried this 3 times. Every time, 179 INR were deducted from my account but I didn't got premium. I was paying with a Credit Card. I checked the receipts tab and no receipts were generated for any of my 3 transactions. The debugging steps on Spotify help page for Payment related issues were of no help. Please look into this as soon as possible. Activate my family subscription and refund the 2 extra times I paid you for this. 😕 Otherwise, I'll just have to go and file for a chargeback. 😞 

Hey there @swethannthomas,

Glad to have you on the Community!

If you're still having difficulties paying for Premium, we suggest checking out this support page for tips and tricks how to get your subscription running.

I'd also recommend trying an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device, when you enter your payment details again.

Also make sure that your card allows monthly billing, otherwise we’ll reverse the transaction even if your card has been charged. You can check with your bank whether your card is enabled for recurring payments.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout in case the issue persists.

Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9

Yes! You're right... Actually if your debit card isn't accepted by Spotify as a payment method on your country, the payment should be given as failed, so your money should be refunded, so I recommend that you be in touch with your bank customer support to get some information about it. 

If the issue persists with your cards because of unnaceptance, I suggest that try to use Gift Cards to buy your Premium subscription. It's a great way to keep the total control of your subscription.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @Ishanjain28, thanks for writing 🙂

My first suggestion is that follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

Hi there @lazyV,

Thanks for being interested in the Free trial! 

In India you should be able to pay for it with VISA or MasterCard. 

For more troubleshooting steps on how to make your payment method work, check this article.

Keep us posted on what you've tried so far, so we could lend a helping hand again. 

Have a nice day!

Visitor

I have tried all the above mention options. None worked. I have also tried Incognito tabs. My card/bank allows recurring deductions.

The free trial offer ends today and I'd really appreciate it if this could be resolved soon.

Visitor
I have tried all the above mention options. None worked. I have also tried Incognito tabs. My card/bank allows recurring deductions.
The free trial offer ends today and I'd really appreciate it if this could be resolved soon.
Visitor

Plan

Premium for Students

Country

India 

Device

Pixel 3a and Dell Inspiron 15 

Operating System

Android version 10 and windows 10 

My Question or Issue

I am a third year college student who applied for the student discount, and my student plan was verified.It was going well when i tried to pay with my international debit card, for the first month (59INR) and I put in the OTP too. At the end of the transaction, I get the error message on spotify saying that there was something wrong with the transaction. I tried this twice and my money got debited, but was returned back (credited/reversed) after a while.  My spotify account shows "free plan" now.

What do you suggest I should do to get the plan now? What went wrong with this process?

1). While getting myself verified as a student, I put in the name of my university and didn't have to send any transcripts or proof(got verified through sheer id). I used to use another account which I got verified before, by sending my transcript but am not using it now.  I do not want premium on that account. 

2). While doing the payment and entering the card details, I had to enter the PIN CODE. I go to college in a different place than my hometown.Place where my debit card was issued is the same as my hometown. I entered the Pincode of the place where I study, for the two transactions. I am now on my exchange semester at a foreign country, only for a few months and will go back for another year of study at my home university. Does spotify take the location details? Would I have to prove that I am a student in between the premium plan too? 

Thanks so much and any help is appreciated 🙂

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @vasudhapinkfair

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You can get Premium Student even if you’re currently studying abroad.

Your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university. You also need to use a payment method issued in that country. 

However, keep in mind that you can only have one Premium Student account at a time. The discount lasts for 1 year, even if you cancel the subscription or close the account.

If you want to apply your student discount to another account, you need to wait until 12 months have elapsed since you first signed up for it on your current account.

For more details on Premium Student, check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful!

Visitor

So I tried availing the 3 months free premium plan a bunch of times, and it keeps telling me that my payment as failed even though I got credited the amount. I tried the suggestions, none of them work. The availability of the plan ends today too

Operating System

Android Oreo

IMG_20200217_225129933.jpg