Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): HDFC Debit Card (mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I get the OTP also and then after submitting, just get an error in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 3 Month Trial for Premium. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 01.51.36.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Related Issues

Comments
Visitor

Same problem again and again and again......

Its Just a front to fool ppl. There's nothing called free

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @kushrsethia, thanks for writing!

If you have already checked if your card is OK for this transaction, can you please try clearing your browser's cache/cookies and give it another try?

If it doesn't help, I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Visitor

Thanks so much for replying!

I have tried paying through the portal and am still having the same problem.

The amount gets deducted and credited again, but it shows "there's something wrong with your transaction".

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hello @vasudhapinkfair

Do the account country, university country and payment method country match?

Also, have you waited 12 months for the Student discount on your first account to elapse before you tried to apply it to the other account? 

If no, that's why you might not be eligible for the Student Premium offer. 

However, if you're still eligible, I'd recommend checking out this support article, including the payment troubleshooting methods

Let me know how it goes! 

Visitor

Same issue happened with me.

Few minutes ago, my student verification was verified and I have done the payment of ₹59 but not yet showing Premium Access in My Account. It shows that I'm a free user!

Please help me and fix this

Screenshot_2020-02-20-13-49-14-116_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-02-20-13-49-04-121_com.spotify.music.jpg
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve now passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

Visitor
  1. Plan- Student premium
  2. Country -India
  3. Devices- OnePlus7and MacBook pro 16
  4. Operating system- Android 10, Mac OS Catalina
  5. My issue- I tried to make payment for student premium membership but it showed error stating 'something went wrong' everytime. So I tried twice and I saw my payment deducted for two times (₹59/- each time). Even there is no premium membership which has started.
I dont know what are you talking about my payment card did not changed

Same issue. Tried multiple browsers, devices and cards. Definitely a Spotify issue. 
trying to get premium, it sends OTP, charges money, still shows “something went wrong” error, and charges are reversed. Unable to subscribe to premium. 

Casual Listener

I have experienced same problem too I tried paying for my student premium plan 59₹ it got debited from my card but payment failed.