Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

(Android 10)

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): HDFC Debit Card (mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I get the OTP also and then after submitting, just get an error in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 3 Month Trial for Premium. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 01.51.36.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Comments
Visitor

I am facing the same problem. Please let us know when it gets fixed.

Thanks so much!

Visitor

Hi @Emilia_8  and @Peter 

I am not able to change the county to my home country on the previous account that I subscribed for student for, and was verified, but didnt pay for the plan. Hence I am not using it anymore.

I got this account verified recently, but am not able to process the payment.

I have also checked if I was using the right card with my bank and also if the country was the same. 

Please let me know what I could do to get a premium account. 

Thanks so much!

Hey folks,

Thanks for continuing to provide your info in this thread.

We've made sure to pass it on to the team looking into this.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks - stay tuned!

Visitor

Hi,

There seem to be a major miscomm with my bank loan that they mistakenly deducted money from this account.

Could I seek your understanding as the bank is doing a refund, please? This would take another 4 working days. 

If it is possible to try and deducting on 10 Mar 2020.

I truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Elfa
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while our teams were looking into this!

We've heard word back that this should be now fixed. 

Keep in mind that the funds from any charges that were refunded should show up within the next working days and you'll need to resubscribe again.

Further, when subscribing, we'd recommend checking this support site article to make sure your payment card is accepted.

If you're having troubles or experiencing a similar issue, don't hesitate to let us know in the relevant Help Board - we'll be happy to lend a hand there.

Cheers!

Visitor

I'm trying to subscribe to Family plan. I entered multiple cards both credit and debit cards. NON OF THEM WORK!! 

It's even asking for OTP and I enter it and BOOM! Error message saying this card does not support monthly billing. But all these cards do support online billing they have funds in them. This issue is definetly with Spotify. Please Look into this. Very bad experience and lot of time wasted.

I made a payment for yearly subscription, the payment got deducted but couldn't see premium over at my account, logged out and logged in to check but no luck, cross-checked whether it was same account which it was. 

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Operating System

Android 8.1

New to Spotify(trying for 1st Spotify premium membership): SBI Debit Card(mastercard)

My Question or Issue

Not able to complete transaction with my Debit card. The entered details and account balance and card validity are all right. I just get an error constantly in Spotify website. I'm trying to avail 1 month free trail for Premium. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200406_201241.jpg

Visitor

I am having the same problem, I have tried many times to pay via a Credit or Debit Card but the payment fails every time. I have been facing this problem from a long time.

Casual Listener

Hi,

Whats wrong with you payment, tried Visa, Master and Amex. My country is India. 

Also started a new account, still the payment doesn't go through, was trying to get the 3 months offer. 

Do you even have support?

LA