Issue with Spotify using my real name

Hello Community,
latly Spotify was using my real name in Playlists and on my Profile in general, but i don't like people to know my real name. This issue is either connected to me entering premium or enabling facebook to find friends. I searched for answers around the web and first of all i disconnected from Facebook(disabled it in Spotify) - Nothing. Next i cleared cache on PC and my Phone(Android) as some people suggested - Nothing. I really hope to find a solution for this, because i think this is a huge security issue and i'm pretty pissed that my real name is used without notifying me!
Thanks in advance!

Hey, welcome to the Community!

If your Spotify account is connected to your Facebook profile, the name will appear on our app. If that's the case, you can disconnect them by following these steps: 

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. Click on the arrow in the top-right corner, and select Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes
Comments
Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey, welcome to the Community!

If your Spotify account is connected to your Facebook profile, the name will appear on our app. If that's the case, you can disconnect them by following these steps: 

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. Click on the arrow in the top-right corner, and select Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Let us know how it goes. 

therealtwain
Roadie
As i already said, i disconnected from facebook on all devices that run Spotify, 4 days ago - still nothing happened!

Related Issues