Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with activating Showtime

Hey folks!

We've received some reports about users with our Student Discounts that are receiving an error message when trying to activate Showtime.

The error message is "There is a problem with your subscription error".

We're looking into this with the right teams as we speak.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you still have trouble, we recommend following the steps below as they were proven to help with common activating issues:

• Try another device
  • Try a different/incognito browser
  • Try to use a different internet connection
  • Make sure that you don't have an existing subscription with Showtime

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
BR3H

Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I have been using Spotify for students and the included Hulu for over a year without problems, but when I tried to activate my Showtime account it gave me an error.  While in my browser I saw a pop-up to

"Activate your SHOWTIME account

You're already watching Hulu, but you haven't set up your SHOWTIME account yet. Why wait?

Go To Services"

I followed the link to services and clicked Activate, where I followed the prompts to enter the email associated with my Spotify account and setup a passwords. I completed that and then I got the following error from Showtime.com 

"PROBLEM WITH SUBSCRIPTION

There is a problem with your subscription.

OK"

I logged  out and in, but it doesn't say I have any subscriptions and only asks for me to sign up for a 30 day free trial. When I go to my Spotify account page it still prompts me to activate my Showtime. I tried removing Showtime access under "Apps" and reconnecting it but I get the same error. How do I activate my Showtime account?

frostywaffles

Having the exact same issue. Signing in and out has not fixed it or anything. 

mikahcrisis

Same here...

SuvannahDay
Same problem here.
jadehisui

same here 😕

Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you experience this, try the following steps first:

• Try another device
  • Try a different/incognito browser
  • Try to use a different internet connection
  • Make sure that you don't have an existing subscription with Showtime

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Screenshot of error message
  • Link of the website where you got the error
  • What troubleshooting steps you've tried

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

jadehisui

270BC105-FB4C-444C-8493-96CE5E883CC7.png

Heres a screenshot of the error message.

I’ve tried activating it on both my laptop and my phone; incognito as well. Making a new showtime account doesn’t work either.

yagirl

Hi I just signed up for this and it gave me the exact same problem.

potterfan1

Same here I tried on my phone and computer and in incognito and I just set it up and tried activating showtime but it is showing an error message.

escribanodavid

Same issue, "there is a problem with your subscription"