Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with the playlist ”your episodes”

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

The playlist ”my episodes” is showing that it contains 1 episode (1 avsnitt) but when openign the playlist it is empty. By adding another episode it says 2 episodes, and shows one when opening etc. How can i get rid of that one ghost episode and hide that playlist? (It is still there when not pinned)

40908AB6-07E7-4EBB-942D-8BDCBE009A99.png
B329D1EE-CC5B-41EB-AA2C-247D148BB683.png
25B35858-2D13-4DE6-80BF-9E6689989C78.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
CarlosE

Hi there @theo_nj,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Hmm, that's odd. Can you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? If that doesn't do the trick, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, could you try logging out on a different mobile device and let us know if the same happens?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

Tjoffsan
I just wanna add that I had this exact issue (but 2 episodes not showing) and logging out + restarting my phone did the trick.
theo_nj

@CarlosE I have tried all that you wrote but nothing did actually work, it hops back and forth from the older version though, but the playlist still remains

Eni

Hi @theo_nj

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if this only happens on your phone or on other devices as well?

Additionally, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates.

Keep us posted.

thehardrockchic

I'm having the exact same issue- for at least a month or so.  The issue has existing on my iPhone XS Max and transitioned to my new iPhone 12.  It also exists on my iPad Mini.  8 ghost episodes.

Eni

Hey there @thehardrockchic

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices would come in handy.

Keep us posted.

thehardrockchic
Sure- I have logged out and restarted my phone, on each of my iPhones. This problem has persisted through 2 phones and several updates.

I am currently on iPhone 12 Pro Max
Software version 14.5.1
Spotify version 8.6.24.1302
thehardrockchic

IMG_0002.PNGHere is a screenshot.

Eni

Hi there @thehardrockchic

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Could you let us know if this happens on a different device such as a PC as well?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know what happens if you add episodes to that section? Does the number change?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

thehardrockchic

Thank you- it's the same on my iPad [8 'ghost' episodes] but not on my MacBook.

If I add an episode the number does increase to 9, etc.