Issues Redeeming a Gift card

I bought a $30 spotify premium gift card and the code isn't working I input the code correctly but there is a letter that looks like a Z but it's backwards. I think that might be the problem. It would be great if you could fix this you can also contact me if you want a picture of the pin.

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us on this one 🙂 

Writing to confirm that the underlying issue that caused this should be resolved and everything should be working as expected now. If you happened to receive the error "Something went wrong" and bough a card from a retail chain in the US or MX, you shouldn't have any difficulties in the future.

If you happen to experience something else you'd like to report, go ahead and write in the right Help board.

Cheers!

Comments
Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Hazel86543 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I'd recommend checking out this support article about Gift cards, which can help you make sure that you're entering the correct code.

If none of the suggestions in the support article help, you can contact Support from there.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're having trouble redeeming your Premium code, we'd recommend checking off the steps listed heretogether with clearing your browser's cache, as well as trying with a different connection or on another device.

In case that didn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could fill out this form, so that we can take a look at things backstage. And don't forget to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

markguffin27

@Elena @Maxim I too am having similar issues with my gift card. I have been through the steps (going through difference combinations and changing my "0" to a "O" and vice versa) but nothing has changed. The code on my receipt does not work either.

el_verdicto

@Elena @Maxim 

Got the same problem. All the troubleshooting steps from support and other help articles didn't do anything. Still got "Something went wrong. Please try again, or go to our support." error message with my 30$ gift card. I hope the issue will be resolved.

markguffin27

@el_verdicto nope same result

Xenia

Hey everyone!

We appreciate your reporting this to us.

So far, we have had only one person fill out the form and upon checking the code, we could see that it was successfully redeemed in the meantime.

In order to investigate further, we will need to gather more details, so the right folks can get to the bottom of this.

@markguffin27 and @el_verdicto if you weren't able to activate your Premium codes yet, please add your info here and we'll look into it.

Thanks!

el_verdicto

@Xenia 

Thank you for the update!

I've tried to redeem code just now - it still doesn't work.

I filled out the form. Looking forward to you solving this.

el_verdicto

@Xenia @Elena 

Hello! Any updates on this issue? 

It has been 3 weeks since my Gift Card purchase and reporting about the problem. I'm getting a little bit tired of Free plan:)

Ivan
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,  

Thanks for bearing with us while we're looking into this. 

So far we received 5 unique reports submitted via the form we provided earlier. If your code starts with BHN and you still experience issues, we recommend reaching out to our support team here.

We've also made sure to pass all reports from users with other codes on to the right Spotify team for further investigation.

Cheers!  

Raa89

So from what i read here the issue of redeeming a giftcard has been going on for longer then a month now. How come it hasn't been fixed yet? This is how you chase people away. It should be fixed immediately not let it linger for over a month. 

If there is an issue with redeeming the giftcard and spotify is aware of it spotify should come up with an alternative to give people their money back.. if they provided prove of having the giftcard and activation code. 

Instead of letting them wait for weeks and weeks that's like robbing someone of their money.

I've been having this issue since March and was told to wait a few days and try again. And now I read here that this has been going on much longer! 

• If its still not possible to redeem on Monday I'm gonna find out if there's another way of getting my money back!

I have no intention of waiting for months while spotify lacks to fix it

Related Issues