Issues playing Audiobooks on iOS

Hey there folks!

We're seeing reports regarding errors when trying to open some albums containing audio books on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). This is happening only when trying to open albums, and contents can be played from other sources (for example from a playlist, search result or direct links).

If you're seeing an eror message like "Something went wrong. Would you like to try again?", make sure to add your +VOTE to stay updated.

We'd also recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your devices by following the steps here

Thanks!

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience so far. This should be now fixed.

We'd recommend making sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps here after heading to Settings > Storage > Delete cache. Further, you can also remove any offline devices listed here before installing again the app. 

If following the steps above doesn't do the trick, or if you have a similar issue, we'd still like to know! Just make sure to start a new thread over to the relevant Help Board with all the necessary info.

Note: If you're having troubles viewing only the first 50 tracks/audio books on your device, there's a different Ongoing Issue that you can add your info and vote instead.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for all your reports.

We've passed this on to the right teams and they'll be looking into it.

If you're having troubles seeing an error message like "Something went wrong. Would you like to try again?" when trying to play audio books, let us know.

It'd be also helpful if you could let us know the following details:

• The device this is happening on 
  • The operating system version of your device
  • The Spotify app version
  • A URI of the album this occurs on for you
  • Any additional screenshots of the error message you see would be helpful. Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

Don't forget to add your +VOTE so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have. 

Please note that if you're having troubles viewing only the first 50 tracks/audio books on your device, there's a different Ongoing Issue that you can add your info and vote instead.

Thanks!

Regular

Same for me! A few days before, i could see at least the first 50 tracks, but now i just get the mentioned error message.

Hello,

Same happens to me, Spotify version 8.4.97.900 running on iOS 12.1.4.

Don’t appear to be able to create an album link for the entries (one is ‘saved’, the other not) as the error occurs and appears to prevent me from sharing.

I tried to clear the Spotify App cache and restarted the phone, but this didn’t help.

Audiobooks in question for me:

Der Krieg der Welten

Bookstream Hörbücher

Von der Erde zum Mond

Bookstream Hörbücher

Thsnk you for any updates!

Casual Listener

Same here & on my wife's iPhone:

Iphone XR, iOS 12.2, Spotify 8.4.98.741

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.1.?, Spotify 8.4.98.741

Clean-Install f Spotify done, Cache cleared; on iPhone not possible to create playlist (something went wrong).

Two Updates before, the Audiobook was loaded with all tracks, after an Update only the first 50 tracks and now no Album at all.

Affected are all Audiobook from Author Alexandra Zöbeli, most of the Dan Brown audiobooks.

And all mentioned audiobooks worked well on our son's Android-phone and on my Macbook.

Pleas fix this issue, because we mostly use Spotify to listn audiobooks, otherwise we had to leave spotify.

astroeher

Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience so far. This should be now fixed.

We'd recommend making sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps here after heading to Settings > Storage > Delete cache. Further, you can also remove any offline devices listed here before installing again the app. 

If following the steps above doesn't do the trick, or if you have a similar issue, we'd still like to know! Just make sure to start a new thread over to the relevant Help Board with all the necessary info.

Note: If you're having troubles viewing only the first 50 tracks/audio books on your device, there's a different Ongoing Issue that you can add your info and vote instead.

All the best 🙂