Issues with Android and BMW ConnectedDrive

Hi,

A few weeks ago I switched from an iPhone to Android. And I was glad to see that the spotify app is now available in BMW ConnectedDrive for Android as well.

But the integration appears to be very buggy. I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues. It's also possible that these are caused by the BMW ConnectedDrive Android app and not the Spotify app.

• The app crashes a lot. The Spotify app on iDrive will close, music stops playing and the app is no longer listed in the cars iDrive menu.
    The app on the phone still appears to work because I can switch over to Bluetooth audio and it will continue to play.
    As far as I found, the only way to start the Spotify ConnectedDrive app again is to force close both Spotify and ConnectedDrive on the phone and open them again.
  • The progress bar of the song (right below the album art) jumps all over the place. I have seen it work a few times, but most of the time it jumps back and forth, flickering, or runs to the end of the song and stays there while the song keeps playing.
  • The app reacts much slower then when running it form an iPhone. It often takes a long time to even render the buttons.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Phone: OnePlus 5T (A5010)

Android version: Android 7.1.1

Spotify version: 8.4.32.617 armV7

Hey @johannesdr!

Right now, on Android devices, the Spotify integration only supports the 2016 BMW 7 series. However, we'll gladly pass your feedback about this on to the right team.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

All the best.

Related Issues

Comments
johannesdr
Regular

-

Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @johannesdr!

Right now, on Android devices, the Spotify integration only supports the 2016 BMW 7 series. However, we'll gladly pass your feedback about this on to the right team.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

All the best.