Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Comments
Sepositus

Can we get some update here? I am thinking of canceling the service if this is not resolved by February 2023.

As the tread was opened already in November, I think time for investigation is over and now is time for action!

MaximumHats

@Sepositus it's been an issue longer than that for a lot of us. Mine started in May/June 2022.

Nq4r

This issue since version 1.1.87.612. After repored the problem. I didn’t use VPN. I tried to reinstall, use different account,reinstall windows10/11 and ensuring firewall defender .Always get the canned message. The issue has not solved for 6 months . I can only turn on computer install 1.1.86.857 to solve this issus every time .As a player, it cannot be played. Every update only sees the update of the appearance and interface.Very bad customer service.

jdelorean

@user-removed @Dian
How is this not solved yet? This literally renders the Win desktop app unusable.

pulszero

I have the same problem. If i search for a song i cant play it from the search page. Or if i search for an artist, then i go to his page > on a playlist of his > and try to play the songs from playlist... it's just doesn't work

pulszero

forgot to say that all happens on the desktop app or mobile app. on web app i dont have any problems.

Yordan

Hey everyone,

No news at this time, I'm afraid. The root cause for this behavior is difficult to pinpoint, but rest assured that the right teams are actively working on coming up with a solution.

Our tech folks are still collecting logs, so do keep on sharing them here. You can find more info on how to do that in the status update above.

Take care.

rikjapanther

Having the same exact problem... I'm paying 10 dollars a month for this?! I hope this will go beyond a meaningless "we are looking into it" message because this is garbage

NurseDiesel

Are you refunding our subscription for a service that is obviously broken? 

thejman85

Going back through recent comments I saw the one from @DerpTurtle and checked. I had disabled the WMI service (Winmgmt) troubleshooting another issue. Enabling it resolved my issue. I was reliably able to reproduce the issue (or at least my issue) disabling the WMI service and restarting Spotify. Enabling the WMI service once Spotify is running doesn't help. I logged my machines WMI queries when launching Spotify and can see it makes a number of queries on start but not when attempting to play songs which makes sense based on my results.

Hopefully this helps/provides more info.