Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks! I'm honestly so happy to finally hear that!

A massive thank you to each and every one of you in this thread. The help and dedication you've shown here is beyond admirable, and for that you have our utmost respect!

We'll give this a few more days so that the others can also confirm the desktop app's working normally now. Fingers crossed!

Cheers everyone! You rock!

Comments
tiktak24
Recently got the update for 1.2.6.863.ge7902f05. ever since this update ive been unable to listen to any songs outside a playlist. whenever i search a song and try and play it or add it to queue, my queue is cleared but the new song doesnt play. only when its in a playlist, mine or someone elses, does it play songs.

im also unable to download any new songs from my playlists now as it just gets stuck at the very start. i did have my songs downloaded before the update but after it updated, it also got stuck and kept saying it was downloading until i removed all my downloads. both times there was no internet activity while monitoring through glasswire.

I've tried a clean reinstall of spotify along with checking firewall too.
Jopio52

After rebooting same issue again. So I used the solution in the video mentioned by @pathtracer
Just skipped the last part of resettng the looks of spotify. Now hope this will prevent any auto update.

Yearofthegoat

Same issue here - when I close my phone app down, and go onto the PC, the Recently Played list is never up to date with what I was listening to earlier.  Added Liked Songs are there, but the PC Spotify app only knows what 'it' played, nothing else.

ChickenTok1

Downgrading also worked for me!

GeirGrusom

I had my work computer re-imaged (for a unrelated reason) a few weeks ago and upgraded to Windows 11 (previous was Win10). Spotify worked for a while, but today it stopped working again. I've been having this issue since 1. of september last year.

exanx

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 11

I can only play some tracks that are visible on the homepage (such as my Mix). The problem persists only on the desktop app, it works fine on the web app with the same account. I tried logging out and in, reinstalling the app, restarting my device, changing the network, clearing the host file (system32/drivers/etc), and clearing the cache and none of that seems to work. 

I've tried playing music from Artist's pages but the songs just won't load. Only playlists and liked songs will play.
Leonanana55

I have exactly the same issue when using the windows app. I tried reinstalling and checking all settings but it didn't help

GeirGrusom

Okay turns out the issue is actually worse now than it used to be. Artist page is completely non-functioning. I cannot play songs from artist pages, song searches or anything like that. I have to either add them to a playlist and then find that song in that playlist to play it. Likewise with liked songs. I have to like the song and then find that song in the "Liked songs" list.

The last time adding it to liked songs would make them playable immediately but that has changed.

AmazingestBeaver
I've been having this issue for a long while where pretty much any song I find within an album or the searchbar refuse to play, the player shows as completely blank. The only workaround I've been able to do so far is by liking the song and playing it in my liked songs.

I use the Spotify app on a Windows 10 desktop and have the premium student plan.