Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks! I'm honestly so happy to finally hear that!

A massive thank you to each and every one of you in this thread. The help and dedication you've shown here is beyond admirable, and for that you have our utmost respect!

We'll give this a few more days so that the others can also confirm the desktop app's working normally now. Fingers crossed!

Cheers everyone! You rock!

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

MaximumHats

For the first time in something like a year, I'm able to use Spotify normally. Which, despite my baseline level of contempt for the business entity known as Spotify, I'm delighted by. Good on whichever team got dealt this particular card.

Buy your dev team and maybe the junior PMs a beer for me. Management can have a pizza party in... eleven months.

swarfs

My Windows 10 app still does this. It is not fixed.  Your instructions on how to update the app do not include basic info like what the latest version is.  I am running Spotify for Windows 1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d.  Is that the latest version?  Why doesnt your site share that info?  Only thing there is to inform us that there should be a 'blue dot' next to my profile pic in the app if there is a newer version available.  Well, there is no 'blue dot" next to my profile picture, but I went ahead and downloaded the latest install file directly from your site.  Here's a shock: even that filename is simply 'SpotifySetup.exe' giving no clue as to the version number.  LOL!  Luckily when I right-click and go to file properties it does show that the file is for version 1.2.10.760.g52970952.  So, I will go ahead and uninstall and reinstall and hope everything works again.  Meanwhile, know that your 'blue dot' feature doesn't work for everyone and that it would be a great help if you would post at least the latest version number on your site to help us mere mortals troubleshoot your stuff.  Thanks.

======  Update

Seems to be fixed.  Thanks! 

kaworu_bloodpaw

Hi @swarfs 

I believe the newest version is Spotify for Windows - 1.2.10.760.g52970952

swarfs

Thanks man

mrhguildford1974

I'm getting an issue where one particular album won't play. 

It's played 100s times before and now won't. 

Matilda the musical.. 

Reinstalled.. doesn't work. 

Restated.. doesn't work. 

any suggestions? 

nmthdnl

Hi,

I've spent my last 1.5 hours going through all these community threads about this common bug that users have been experiencing frequently over the last years.
Similarly to the others, my Spotify wont let me play any songs from search, except if I have or had it liked / added to a playlist. If one song doesn't play, after adding it to liked songs it immediately starts playing. 
I've tried with (clean) proper reinstalling multiple times, checked the host folder (empty) turned off hardware acceleration, tried to update spotify, I do not use (at least not aware of it, lol) VPN, and have ensured that windows defender firewall does not interfere with Spotify and cause problems, tried different Spotify accounts, networks, tried changing audio, etc, no success.

It works perfectly on other devices, so it seems to be an issue only on my Windows 10 PC. 

Here is my app version information:

nmthdnl_0-1686171169608.png

Worked perfectly for years then suddenly 1-2 months ago this problem occured and its extremely frustrating to have it. Would be good to see if dev team worked on the problem.

Patiently waiting for help, thanks

iHateSptfy

This is the first time I've had an issue with the Windows app not working. I have just done a fresh windows install and now all of the play buttons are greyed out.

The Web App still works fine, and strangely, when the web app plays, the controls in the Windows app become usable again, but as soon as I close the web app, the windows app stops working again.

I have tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install. I've also tried clearing the cache.

Nothing seems to play, not downloaded media, liked songs.

Ok - so strangely as I typed the last line, I thought I know.. I will check if Podcasts work... They did. So then I thought, I'll try music again, and boom it's working? How very strange.

Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1