Jazz new releases almost never updated under browse/genre

Seriously, this is real. If you like to keep track of jazz new releases apparently Spotify has them, but for some reason its genre-bots don't bother putting them into the proper browse category. I can go to other services and see many new releases every week, but on Spotify I have to search for them individually. At this point the only reason I'm keeping the service is because it works with a streaming device I have in the house. All you have to do is hire one knowledgable person to manage the genre updating and things would be fine.

Hey @jkrumm! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We're always trying to improve Spotify in any way we can and we'll make sure to pass on your comments to the right folks. In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this Jazz playlist - it was just updated 8 days ago.

Keep in mind you can get in touch with us if you need help with anything else, we're just a Community post away 🙂 

Comments
Mara_F
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @jkrumm! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We're always trying to improve Spotify in any way we can and we'll make sure to pass on your comments to the right folks. In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this Jazz playlist - it was just updated 8 days ago.

Keep in mind you can get in touch with us if you need help with anything else, we're just a Community post away 🙂 

user-removed
Not applicable

I cannot understand why this is marked as "not an issue". This is more than a big issue, it is a "show stopper"!

This is the only reason I subscribed another competitor music service after spotify evaluation.

This is not a matter of improving Spotify, this is a basic function that has stopped working from more than 1 year and I can't understand why no one take care and solve it.

In Spotify there is no way to discover new jazz albums (I'm not interested in playlists) because the new album section under jazz genre shows album more than 1 year old (I repeat: older than 1 year).

Are you sure it is not interesting for Spotofy business? Does Spotify only look for subscribers interested in other genres? 

Related Issues