Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

June 6th 22: Discover Weekly updated with same songs as last week

Folks are reporting that their Discover Weekly playlists were updated with the same songs as last week. In some instances, Discover Weekly doesn't seem updated at all.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed and your Discover Weekly playlists should have been updated! It might be needed to log out and log in back to your apps for the refresh to happen.

For this week, the selection of songs might not be what you're used to hearing from the Discover Weekly picks. This should normalize again next week.

All the right folks are also continuing to look into why this happened, to prevent future disruptions. 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
nighthawk989

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Oppo Find X3 Lite

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all, my Discover Weekly says it has updated at midnight as usually, the problem is that all the songs are absolutely the same of last week except two... can you do something? I tried everything, from logging out to reconnecting, nothing helped

This is my account https://open.spotify.com/user/21lxyf6ewmwxwies5n4mqmo3y?si=0900c7e89c174911us

And the Spotify version: Spotify per Windows
1.1.86.857.g3751ee08

Thank you all! I hope it will be fixed ASAP

antsinpants

I'm having the exact same issue and have tried the same steps to fix it. Hope this gets fixed...

nighthawk989

I even tried to contact "Spotify Cares" via Facebook... they told me i should wait til next week. I find this response unacceptable. We are paying, i always have (thankfully small except this week) problems with DW keeping posting already liked/disliked songs, bunch of pointless cover bands, songs not in english... also the shuffler doesn't work properly, from a playlists of 500 songs it takes the same... and there are a lot of artists with incomplete discography (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Helloween, Manowar just to say pivotal bands in metal history).
Why am i paying almost 10 Euros? If tomorrow is not solved, as i'm sick tired of problems, and being loyal to Spotify doesn't seem to pay, i will go to YTM.

poona

Primarily an Android user, but same issue here. Searched on Twitter and saw a couple people having the same problem. 

nighthawk989

Also a friend of mine with the same problem, but no one seems to care... ridicolous

goodfella66

Same here"! Exactly the same as last week.

Lmq

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC/web browser/Samsung s21

Operating System

(any (android/ windos/ linux )

My Question or Issue

Hi, did someone had situation that his discover weekly songs did not update ( i mean in playlist there is info that songs has been added 8h ago, so actually looks like its "updated" but there is no single song that is diffrent and more that these songs are in same order.

eslaru

Same exact issue for me.

Cormixul

Same

fixdiscoverweeklypls

same 4 me