Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kenwood Bluetooth Spotify App not connecting to Phone

Greetings Spotifyers,

I use a new Kenwood Headunit which besides Android Auto also has the ability to use the Build In Spotify App to use via Bluetooth.

My Phone is the Samsung Note 8 and everything is Up to Date, also the Headunit.

The Phone connects via Bluetooth to the Headunit and provides me using the Headunit to take Calls and using Bluetooth Media to Stream the Audio on my Phone.

But when I want to use the Spotify App on the Headunit, the Spotify App shows "no connection". When I watch the Option Sliders/Switch for Bluetooth Connections (Calls, Media, etc) on my Phone, I cant turn on the Media Option. But when going back on the Headunit to Bluetooth Media, the Media Option on my Phone goes on. Switching back to the Spotify App on the Headunit, and its Off again.

I tried everything from clearing the Cache for Spotify on my Phone to restarting everything. I also disconnected the Phone a few times and also deleted my Phone on the Headunit and the Headunit on my Phone. I also gave it a few times, to maybe load things. I also conected it via Cable and started Spotify on my Phone to maybe load things.

Nothing helps.

This Problem is only when trying to use the Spotify App on the Headunit via Bluetooth. Android Auto and Spotify works great.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Greetings from Germany.

Hey folks,

We've noticed a few people are still having this issue. We've now flagged this with the right team, who are goin to look into it.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix at the moment, but we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks!

Comments
RonaldKlp

I have an answer::

The problem is known and was caused by one of the Spotify updates last year. We have informed Japan. If there is a correction from Spotify here or our FW needs to be updated on the device, but is not yet clear.

Yours sincerely Your JVCKENWOOD

Germany Web Team

eivi91

I have the exact same problem as you guys. And I could not for the life of me figure it out, until I came here. I am also using the DMX7017DABS and love the built in Spotify application.

I am now using ver. 8.4.78.530 from november, and it is working fine. 

I see from the Play Store that the Spotify app was last updated 9th of January, does anyone know if it works with this one?

All the best from Norway.

Flurpax

Dear friends

Bad news, I have just tried with the last Spotify update (downloaded just a few days ago) and the problem remains the same 😞

emilio_coniglio

Same Head unit (DMX7017DABS), same problem, I'm going to delete my Spotify premium account....

NinaKumar28

Hi I have a Kenwood DDX918WS in my BRZ and a samsung s7. My spotify app worked fine up until i updated it to the latest version. I downloaded the older version but it keeps taking me back to the latest version. I've tried everything but no luck. It still says disconeccted. 

Does anyone know what's going on? 

20190115_230359.jpg
eivi91

You have to go to the Play Store, and find the Spotify app, and press the three dots in the upper right corner to disable automatic updates to use the old version.

gooselee1

I went back to 8.4.77.779 and it brought Spotify back to life both on my DMX7704S and BMW iDrive 6, both of which were not connecting at all.

It appears that there are serious connectivity issues with the Spotify Android apps since about October/November. 

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay! We're here to help.

Could you first provide us with the following information, if you haven't already:

• exact Spotify version
  • device and OS version
  • Kenwood receiver model?

Once we have all that, we'll pass it on to the relevant team.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

gooselee1

Respectfully, if you review this thread (and many others) you will find that this problem affects a very wide range of head units/vehicles, Android devices, and Android versions. And it persists across several versions of the Spotify app. 

There are a variety of specific combinations that people have reported, but the common denominator across it all is the Spotify app itself. That is the problem all of us hope Spotify developers can focus on, rather than continuing to solicit information already provided in the hopes that this is some sort of issue impacting only specific phones or head units.

The continued lack of meaningful response or improvement is leading me and many others to consider canceling our premium accounts. Speaking for myself, the main reason I pay for Premium is so I can integrate with my car stereo. If that functionality doesn't work, I really see no reason to pay for this product. 

Spot on. Have supplied this number of times myself but I couldn't have said it better.