Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV App Skipping all songs

I am using Spotify Premium on my 2016 Macbook, IPhone 7, and an LG 43UM7600PLB from 2020. This all worked fine until 3 days ago when the app on the LG TV stopped working.

Problem: On the LG TV app Spotify skips songs after 1 second and jumps to the next song in the playlist. When reaching the end of the playlist, it plays that song for 10 seconds before stopping. After that it no longer responds to input from the remote. The apps on Macbook and IPhone work fine. All other apps on the TV work fine.

I tried/checked:

- TV has a 100Mbs connection (checked with speed test)

- Reinstalled LG Spotify app. No change.

- Reset TV to factory settings and reinstalled app. Worked for 1 hour, then back to problem.

- Reset the network connection on TV. No change.
- Reinstalled apps on Phone and Macbook. No change.

- Disconnected all devices from account and logged in again. No change.

Any ideas?

Ps: I've now done about 7 captchas, had to update the labels twice, and am now waiting for "Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 2 messages within 300 seconds)". This board is as usable as a car without steering wheel...

Hey folks, 

Since we have not received any new reports on this issue, we'll be closing it. 

We recommend keeping your app up to date with the latest Spotify version available for you. If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the Help Boards.

Take care.

Comments
dfshk

It started working again a couple of days ago.... No more problems 😕

Novy

Hey @dfshk

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We're glad to hear that things are now working for you. Would you mind keeping an eye out during the next few days and let us know if it misbehaves again?

@russeli , @leo_oliveira , could you let us know if you're still experiencing this issue after updating the app to the latest version available for you?

We'll be on the lookout. 

tsbski

I have the exact same problem, when I open a playlist and try to play, it just skips all the songs and doesn't play anything. This had been happening for a couple months now. Have tried reinstalling and same issue. Issue happens even if I try to control the TV from my phone. Happens with or without soundbar attached. Using Chromecast as a workaround but would be nice to get this resolved.

TV: LG UK6500EJD

Web OS ver 05.30.15

Spotify ver 2.0.20

Stopskipping

I have the same problem, and it has persisted for some time. A factory reset of the TV worked for about a week and then the problem came back.

I have spotify v 2.0.20

LG v 05.30.15

TV: LG webOS TV OLED55C8PUA

jonathan_bos

I have the same problem, but when casting to a device. If I try to cast music from my Android Phone it skips some songs in the playlist, then 'plays' a random song without sound (the progress bar shows like its playing). Same if I use the web app on desktop. 

Alex

Hey there @tsbski,

Could you reproduce the issue again, so that we can collect logs for them and debug the issue? 

Cheers.

tsbski

@Alex sure, just reproduced it on my TV. Do I need to do anything else to collect the logs?

awstyinator

I have had this issue on occasion and right now on my mobile (pixel 5), it would skip 5+ songs then stop at the 10-second mark. I've tried every restart/reinstall possible, any help would be appreciated

scgalati

I am having this same issue but with the spotify web player on my Google Chromebox.  It plays a couple seconds of a song and then skips to the next.

GabeH

I am encountering the problem to but it is on a Chromebook. It skips 5 times. Plays a song 10 seconds then mutes (If I hit the pause/start button it goes back to 10 seconds). Can't unpause. If I go to another song it repeats the steps that I have listed.

I have tried closing and reopening the tab/app and I have tried shutting down and reactivating the device, then running the app again. I have tried a different network connection. I have now tried a new account. It still doesn't work. Maybe a glitch in system somewhere?

Please Help! 

Update: Started to work again after my device had an update. Still not sure the cause of this problem.