Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV App Skipping all songs

I am using Spotify Premium on my 2016 Macbook, IPhone 7, and an LG 43UM7600PLB from 2020. This all worked fine until 3 days ago when the app on the LG TV stopped working.

Problem: On the LG TV app Spotify skips songs after 1 second and jumps to the next song in the playlist. When reaching the end of the playlist, it plays that song for 10 seconds before stopping. After that it no longer responds to input from the remote. The apps on Macbook and IPhone work fine. All other apps on the TV work fine.

I tried/checked:

- TV has a 100Mbs connection (checked with speed test)

- Reinstalled LG Spotify app. No change.

- Reset TV to factory settings and reinstalled app. Worked for 1 hour, then back to problem.

- Reset the network connection on TV. No change.
- Reinstalled apps on Phone and Macbook. No change.

- Disconnected all devices from account and logged in again. No change.

Any ideas?

Ps: I've now done about 7 captchas, had to update the labels twice, and am now waiting for "Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 2 messages within 300 seconds)". This board is as usable as a car without steering wheel...

Hey folks, 

Since we have not received any new reports on this issue, we'll be closing it. 

We recommend keeping your app up to date with the latest Spotify version available for you. If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the Help Boards.

Take care.

Comments
canbazbedirhan

Check the version of TV. LG may release an update that fix LG Apps.

skylarhaley

skipped all it songs just plays ads my friends have the same thing happening 

veidka

Also been having this issue for the past few days, but only on my webplayer where I get ads and then it skips some songs and then once it starts a song it only plays 10 seconds of it and then silence. The app on my phone works fine. I'm using a macbook pro, google chrome, and I've tried all suggestions already. Frustrating 

MafeG
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your TV's Spotify app and firmware are updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble with your TV app (or are having an issue unrelated to this thread's topic), make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

shields1234

@MafeG I just tested by downloading the latest Spotify app for my LG TV and latest firmware and the issue is NOT fixed.

skylarhaley

not fixed still doing it FIX IT!

Artystas

Hello,

Problem still exists.
I tried a lot of things:
reinstall app,
start playing from phone,
switch connection WIFI vs LAN,

set static IP.

For me only one thing helps: I did hot spot (wifi) on phone -> connected tv to phone wifi -> then spotify works -> reconnected to usual wifi -> spotify works -> this workaround works for couple days, then I need to do it again

imarian24

@MafeG it is clear that you don't care about the community since you're changing the status to Fixed without checking out with us. The issue is here for almost half a year and no one cares about. Unbelievable customer experience 😞

imarian24

For anyone still encountering this issue, it was solved by disabling ipv6 from network connection.

Ki5hiN

It just started now for me. Non of the solution above helped it.
I turned off ipv6 as well, changed the connection to 5 gHz to 2,4 back to back, reset, uninstall, etc. Nothing.