Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG TV App Skipping all songs

I am using Spotify Premium on my 2016 Macbook, IPhone 7, and an LG 43UM7600PLB from 2020. This all worked fine until 3 days ago when the app on the LG TV stopped working.

Problem: On the LG TV app Spotify skips songs after 1 second and jumps to the next song in the playlist. When reaching the end of the playlist, it plays that song for 10 seconds before stopping. After that it no longer responds to input from the remote. The apps on Macbook and IPhone work fine. All other apps on the TV work fine.

I tried/checked:

- TV has a 100Mbs connection (checked with speed test)

- Reinstalled LG Spotify app. No change.

- Reset TV to factory settings and reinstalled app. Worked for 1 hour, then back to problem.

- Reset the network connection on TV. No change.
- Reinstalled apps on Phone and Macbook. No change.

- Disconnected all devices from account and logged in again. No change.

Any ideas?

Ps: I've now done about 7 captchas, had to update the labels twice, and am now waiting for "Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 2 messages within 300 seconds)". This board is as usable as a car without steering wheel...

Hey folks, 

Since we have not received any new reports on this issue, we'll be closing it. 

We recommend keeping your app up to date with the latest Spotify version available for you. If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the Help Boards.

Take care.

Comments
fixmyproblemstreamin

It just started now for me now as well. None of the solutions work. This is a dealbreaker as it's the only way i can listen to spotify on my stereo. What the **bleep** is spotify doing to address this????????????????????????????????????????????????????

flakyferr

Just started for me too, spent all morning trying to fix the problem.

52Gunner

6/29/2022 NOT FIXED!!! ... had not had any issues until this morning.  Use Spotify App on my LG TV SJ8570 every day for the past 2 years but this morning this skipping issue started.  Tried all previous suggestions ...  nothing works!

radoz123

29.6.2022 same for me.. LG TV app keeps skipping songs, then stop responding and cant play any songs

52Gunner

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG webOS TV SJ8570

My Question or Issue

6/29/2022 NOT FIXED!!!  Have used Spotify App on my LG TV SJ8570 every day for the past 2 years but this morning this skipping issue started.  Tried all previous suggestions ...  nothing works! 

Delecodeco

I’m having the very same problem right now. 

flakyferr

Same for me, on my LG webOS TV UH664V. I tried changing every option, turning off and on the tv, deleting and reinstalling the app, nothing changed. I see today a lot of people have this problem, so it might a server side problem. It isn't a software issue since the app for my tv hasn't been updated since october. The problem only arrived 

HarryJC231
I’m trying to listen to music on my TV and whenever I start a playlist or song it’s skips through like 10 songs then cancels the music all together. I’ve tried it on both Sky Q Spotify app and the installed TV spotify app. I have a video I can send if it would help you understand better
dgteixeira

Hello,
I had this problem just now, and fixed it by changing the name of the LG TV from:

[LG] webOS TV SJ810V

to:

LG webOS TV SJ810V

Next time I tried to connect, it started to work correctly.

Before this, I tried different accounts, different WiFi, versions updates, reboots everywhere.

only the name change and reconnect to TV worked

shields1234

@Yordan please have the team read thru all comments in the thread. There is more than enough info here already about which models etc. are affected and various troubleshooting attempts.