Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Like' icons reversed on iOS

Hey folks!

We're getting reports that in the Now Playing view of the iOS app when playing a liked song, the 'Like' icon is reversed. Liked songs have the grayed out icon, while non-liked songs have the green icon.

This is being investigated. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us while taking care of this. 

Glad to share everything should be working as expected now after the latest updates

If you come across this issue again or any other iOS-related, head over to the Help section and make sure to let us know by posting there.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Alex
Spotify Legend

Hi folks,

For anyone still experiencing this issue, please perform a clean reinstall of the app, following this Spotify Guide to assure you're running the latest app version.

Let us know if this is fixed for you after the update 🙂

Comments
p4f2ngyfa70s0gj

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

Despite the atrocious quality of the GIF, the issue should be self explanatory. Sometimes a song that is already in my library seems like it’s not liked in the player. When I click it, it looks like the song is added to the library but in fact it is removed from the library. When I click it again it looks like it’s removed from the library but it’s added to the library. Only the button state seems to be affected and the toast message looks accurate. 

2211CF83-DF8E-4607-B834-20AA872B3DC9.gif
Novy

Hi there @p4f2ngyfa70s0gj

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome!

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app in case you haven't already. This is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, can you confirm if the same thing happens when you use a different device? 

Keep us posted. 

RafalR

I have the same bug. Also another user posted it with a buch of photo documentation:

An Unexpected Error has occurred. - The Spotify Community. Please get it fixed, quick. A library can be ruined unknowingly by such bug.

Onewave

I have the same bug and reported it to support the same day version 8.6.60.1313 was released. As always they delay the fix. Don’t listen to suggestions to clean reinstall the app or even factory reset you phone. The reason of the bug is glitchy Spotify app, not your phone.

RafalR
Thanks for this comment. I never even considered such steps -- it's pretty much ridiculous to suggest such a thing for each problem the users are reporting. Like I'm going to delete all my local files and syncig them again with my computer turned on, etc. I understand that the bugs occur, but they won't be cured by run-of-the-mill "advices" to reinstall the app.
MafeG

Hi folks,

Thank you for sharing your posts on the Community.

Whenever an issue arises with the app, we need to go through the most basic troubleshooting steps to narrow it down, since we weren't able to replicate it from our side. These are the necessary steps to take if we need to get it reported.

With this said, please follow the link provided by @Novy to perform a clean reinstall and let us know how it goes. 

If it doesn't do the trick, share with us the make, model and OS version of your phone, as well as the Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us posted.

red_robin

Same issue here. I am not doing a clean reinstall. Obviously.

[... Awaiting acknowledgement and consequent bug fix...]

Loafus

Getting this bug too. A solution like losing all downloaded data via clean reinstall seems a little too impactful for the end user as a first step, no? Just double check your booleans and leave my data alone lol

Onewave
we weren't able to replicate it from our side

You can’t replicate the bug, because you are not looking in the right place. Try to press like button under (…) button at the top right corner of the player window. This action doesn’t change the state of like in the player window. If users with certain rank are reporting the bug you need to look it up fast and fix it. Don’t waste time on double checking and narrowing down.

md_matthews

Deleting the app from my iPad and reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue -- Note that this does delete your "data" which I'm assuming includes any downloaded music.