Liked/Favorite Songs playlist not appearing in mobile app, but appears in anything else

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Motorola Moto E4 Plus

Operating System

Android Nougat 7.1.1

Type of Spotify App

Regular Spotify App on Mobile installed from the Google Play Store

My Question or Issue

Recently my Liked songs playlist fails to load/disappeared in my Spotify app for Android, and reinstalling the app does basically nothing since it will disappear again after awhile/the next day. Thankfully, the actual Liked/Favorite Songs playlist still exist and still appear in the Web Player and the Spotify Lite app, and only the regular Spotify app is having this issue.

If it helps, the regular mobile App still recognize the Liked songs I downloaded, because it still remember the space it takes for storing the downloaded songs in the Settings. I can also somewhat play these downloaded songs on the mobile App if I play them through the Web Player, and the app tries to load the downloaded songs locally (Basically accessing the playlist through the Web Player, and playing the song on my phone via the Connect Device feature). 

And since this issue only happened recently, is it too far to assume that the recent removal of Liked Songs limit is connected with this issue? I expect that the regular app won't have any trouble with this, but why does only the regular App that is having this issue? How come the Web Player and the Spotify Lite isn't?

I have yet to check if this issue also appears in the Linux build of Spotify app (I'm using the Web Player on an Arch Linux build of Google Chrome), but I doubt that it will since this issue only affects the regular mobile Spotify app.

Attached with this post are three screenshots. A screenshot of the Liked Songs playlist on the Web Player, a combined screenshots of the regular Spotify App showing the Liked Songs cover in the Home screen, but fails to appear in my Library and contains no songs when accessed through the Home screen, and a combined screenshot of the Liked/Favorite Songs playlist/screen in the Spotify Lite app.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this to us!

If you're experiencing this, we'd first recommend deleting and reinstalling the app and rebooting your phone. Also make sure that you're running the latest firmware on your device.

In case you're using a SD card it'd also be a good thing to remove it before restarting the app, to see if that makes a difference.

Should the issue persist, let us know by adding your +VOTE and the following details in a comment below:

• affected device and its OS version
  • the exact Spotify version
  • available memory on your device
  • are you using ad-blocker or cache clearing apps?
  • what troubleshooting steps you tried so far

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Related Issues

Comments
Casual Listener

Sorry, I forgot to include the attached screenshots for the post above.

Screenshot_2020-05-27_21-00-11.png
Combined Spotify App screenshot.png
Combined Spotify Lite App screenshot.png
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Holland / the Netherlands

Device

Huawei p20 pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I open the spotify app on my phone and want to open my playlist "liked songs", witch is now only at the home page and not in the bibliotheek any more, stops running te app. This is only with this playlist, any other playlist works fine. Can you help me with this problem? 

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Motorola e4

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify works fine on desktop and Samsung tablet. About three days ago I opened the app on my phone and under liked songs, it simply said "will appear here" all playlists were still available. Tried uninstall/ reinstall and liked songs reappeared, until I closed the app, next time I opened it,s thing. This has happened at least once every day. Tried clean uninstall/reinstall; cleared cache, clear data, re starting phone, log in / out... Reinstall fixes it but only for a bit! Additionally I've also had problems adding songs on my phone and sometimes it won't play for longer than a second despite having wi-fi signal. I can't find any similar reported problems.

Hey there @Pimson!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

You can start off by trying a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If that doesn't solve the issue, could you let us know if you experience this on 3/4G, Wi-Fi or both? 

If a family member or a friend has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Nokia 8.1

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify Version:

My Question or Issue

The playlist with all my liked songs doesn't appear anymore in my app. It's still available in my desktop application, but not on my android. Sometimes it briefly shows, but when I try to open the playlist, the spotify app crashes.

Restarting the application or my phone doesn't help. Cleaning the cache of Spotify also doesn't work. 

I really like to shuffle all my liked and favorite songs, so I really miss this playlist. 

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei Mate

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Spotify Version: 8.5.60.1013

First Problem: Liked Songs don't appear under the Playlist section. The App closes whenever I open one of the following: 

- Playlist 'Liked Songs' on the Home Menu

-Artists

-Albums

-Podcasts

Streaming seems to work, but I cannot access anything in my library except for my Playlist (with the exception of 'Liked Songs')

Second Problem: All of my liked songs (ca. 4,000) were disliked overnight. Since I cannot open the playlist 'Liked Songs' I cannot check if the songs are still in there.

Screenshot_20200605_120949_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20200605_120954_com.spotify.music.jpg
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

My Question or Issue

Since yesterday I can no longer access my favorite songs. I have already signed in and out, cleared the cache, downloaded the latest version. The "Like" titles are not available in the web version either. When I mark a new song, it gets a green heart, but the list of favorite songs remains empty.

Hey there @Weintroben,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! Sorry to hear the mobile app is causing trouble, but don't worry though - we can help 🙂

As a first step, we'd suggest reinstalling the app following the exact steps in this Spotify Answer. If you're using a SD card it'd also be a good thing to remove it before restarting the app, to see if that makes a difference, as an issue with the card might be the cause of this.

To make sure this is not an issue with your account it'd be great if you could check on another device, if your Liked Songs still appear there.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Rising Star 15
Rising Star 15
Hi skater boy!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Could you try using the Sign Out Everywhere option from your your Spotify account page?

Let me know if this helps.
Cheers!

Hey @Weintroben, it's us again, we just wanted to check how you got on with this.

Have you had the chance to try any of the steps that @Xenia sent above?

If your issue still persists, it'd help us a lot if you could send us screenshots or a screen recording of what you're experiencing.

Does this happen only on your phone or on any of the other devices you're using?

Keep us in the loop!