Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs not synching or empty in the Desktop app

Hey there,

We've received reports of users seeing an empty Liked Songs collection on the desktop app.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
gendos2005

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Samsung J6, Desktop PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So the title say it all. My desktop app couldn't play anything except my own playlist, while it's working perfectly fine on web player or mobile device. I try to reinstall the desktop app so many times yet the issued not been fixed yet. And also, my dekstop app couldn't be detected from my mobile device.

bouynxdor

Hello. I just finished 2 hours with Apple support and they think the issue i'm having is not device related but the Shazam app itself so they recommended I come on here and ask.  I sync my Shazam Library between my iPhone/iPad and the library on the Shazam website. Everything is logged into my Apple ID.  At this moment, my iPad and my iPhone are completely in sync.  My library on the shazam site though is not. It seems to have stopped syncing somewhere between June 3 and June 22.  I'm not sure if i'm the only person having this issue. 

bouynxdor

Hi Yordan. I saw you merged my question from yesterday with this one. Thank you. I read through all the replies on this feed and it seems my question is a bit different. I'm not using the spotify app. I'm using the Shazam app on the iPhone and the iPad and then am just logging into the shazam webpage on my browser.  The issue doesn't seem to be on my mobile devices since they both are completely in sync.  The only issue is on the https://www.shazam.com/myshazam.  This does not seem to be cache related since I'm seeing the same old list (The synchronization foul-up seems to be between June 3 when everything synced and June 25th when I have something sync'ed on my iPhone and iPad but it's not showing up on my online library) on different browsers, even on completely different computers.  Everything worked fine until June 3 so i'm not sure what happened in the meantime that caused my online library to mess up.  Because I'm using the web library and i don't have a desktop app for Shazam (I don't think there is one), there's nothing to uninstall and i'm not sure how to clean out the library that's online so that it is fresh (and also doesn't accidentally delete the library on my iPhone/iPad. 

Thanks for everyting.

yeahnahusernameno

A new update has come out and the issue is still there. The only fix to my issue seems to be going back to an older version of the desktop app.

Alex

Hi there folks,

@bouynxdor, Your issue seems to be a bit different than the topic of this thread. The Shazam library might not always sync properly, due to cache issues. I would recommend you try clearing the app data and cache of your Shazam app as well, and if the issue continues, you might want to reach out to the support team from Shazam for further assistance.

@yeahnahusernameno, If you're running any sort of Firewall or VPN/ Tunneling, could you try disabling that completely and check if the Liked Songs list loads on your PC? Sometimes blocked networking ports could cause issues similar to this one.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

yeahnahusernameno

I have already tried turning firewall off and it did nothing and to make sure I tried turning it off again, no luck. I have not used a vpn so that's checked off as well.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

As we're currently investigating the causes for this issue, could you help us out by sharing the following information after performing a clean reinstall of the desktop app as described here:

- Have you made sure you're logged in on the right account on the desktop app?

- the operating system of your desktop PC

- the Spotify version you have installed on your desktop and

- if it is a Windows PC, are you using the Microsoft Store version of the app or the one from the Spotify site?

Thanks for the replies,

Cheers!

Dian

Hi all,

We've seen your reports in the other threads and would like your help on gathering device related information, so we can relay it to our tech team. Could you share the specifics mentioned in the title post?

Thanks a lot!

@yeahnahusernameno
@madbutplural
@PyroPubez
@sofiaespinosa
@erkyp3rky

yeahnahusernameno

I have already gave info but here it is again as of now

- Definitely the right account

- Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 21H2

- Spotify for Windows 1.1.89.862.g94554d24

- I have tried using both Microsoft store and website versions on all recent updates however I'm currently using the Microsoft store version.

lukelikesmusic

Plan

Free

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I tried to listen to my Liked Songs playlist, as I usually do, but when I select it either through a homepage shortcut or the Playlists section, the screen goes grey as if trying to load it but wouldn't load anything. This isn't a problem when selecting an artist or another playlist. The only way I can currently listen to it is by selecting it on another device, e.g. an iMac, and casting it to my phone. I believe this has only been a problem since I updated Spotify a few days ago, but no new updates are available.

I've tried everything I can think of: clearing cache, clearing storage, reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, logging in and out, unlinking the song from my local files, but nothing has worked.