Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs not synching or empty in the Desktop app

Hey there,

We've received reports of users seeing an empty Liked Songs collection on the desktop app.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
yeahnahusernameno
I recently logged out of my computers spotify app and relogged back in and now there are no liked songs anymore yet I check my phone and they are all there. I tried also playing a song on my computer and my phone at the same time and usually they sync and now they aren't even though I've allowed local connections so it should.
Maxim

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like you're logged into another account on your computer. I recommend checking out this article for the next steps to take: https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-do-I-find-if-I-have-another-Spotify-account/ta-p/4737961.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

yeahnahusernameno

I am logged into the same account on both devices as my playlists are the exact same with the same username as well. One problem is that when I try to play music on my computer it should sync with my phone like normal but now it will not. The other is that my liked songs folder has been purged off my computer but is still on my phone.

Luan

Hey, @yeahnahusernameno 
Thanks for giving us more information about your account 🙂
In this case, could you try to perform a clean reinstall of your apps both on your phone and on your computer just to make sure the issue you're facing isn't related to cache? You can find the step-by-step right here.

Try it and let us know how it goes...

Regards,

Luan

yeahnahusernameno

I have tried to fix this already by using this method and I just finished reinstalling about 15 minutes ago and still no liked songs showing or syncing. I have made sure to allow syncing on both applications and still nothing. I have even disabled my firewall on my computer and tried that thinking maybe some services are blocking it but the same results are there.

Yordan

Hi @yeahnahusernameno!

You mentioned you have your Liked Songs on your phone. By going to the app's settings on your phone, you should be able to see your email address / username. Use that email address / username together with your password to log in to the app on your computer as well.

In case you're still missing your Liked Songs on your computer, try setting both apps to Offline Mode temporarily as this would force an internal resync.

To set the mobile app to Offline Mode, go to Settings > Offline Mode. On your computer, go to the three dots menu in the upper left corner > File > Offline Mode. After a minute or two exit Offline Mode on both devices to trigger the internal resync.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

yeahnahusernameno

This did not help at all. Still no syncing and no liked songs. I have found out that my phone and the spotify web player do sync and have the liked songs so it is now sounding like the desktop app is just not happy

Dian

Hey @yeahnahusernameno,

Thanks for the reply and the troubleshooting already tried.

Could you check if the same issue is occurring when you use a different account on both the phone and the desktop app?

Let us know if the content of the Liked Songs library is getting synced between both devices with a new account.

Also, just to be on the safe side, we're not talking about Local Files, are we?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

yeahnahusernameno

Alright so I tried the desktop app and phone with a new account and there was no luck. I did also try with the web player and desktop app while on the new account and that still didn't work. When I am on the new account and play a song on my phone it does connect to the web player still. So from that I believe the desktop app is the issue even though I have redownloaded countless times and wiped all data on my system. Also we are not talking about local files, no.

yeahnahusernameno

Just tried logging in on my friends computer and everything syncs and liked songs are there so it must be something with my pc. Edit: It's been about 5 hours since I replied and have tried troubleshooting a tons of things as I wanna get this sorted and now I have downloaded the previous version of Spotify (1.1.85.895) to see if it was the recent June update (1.1.88.612) that caused no liked songs to show and syncing issues. It was. I then tried deleting the old version and going back to the newest and the problem then comes up again. So I might just have to stick with the older version until a new one comes out fixing the syncing issues between devices.