Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Vasil

Hey there folks 🙂

Thank you all for joining the discussion and for providing all this relevant information!

As we couldn't reproduce this on our end and we need to do some digging, could you all let us know what your Spotify- and OS-versions are and what device they are currently running on? Any further information on the troubleshooting done so far will definitely come in handy!

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Much appreciated!

Flanstario1

hello

for when a button synchronization in the settings in app desktop and phone android.  

it's annoying that my liked titles don't sync between the computer (windows 10) and redmi note 9 (android 11)

I use spotify more on desktop than on mobile.

CruelNaturee

Hi, 

I also have the same issues, now recently I added a song to liked songs, and that one showed up on the desktop version. But when "reliking" songs they wont appear on desktop.

Windows 10 version 21H2

Spotify Android, latest ver

Spotify Dekstop, latest ver

spotify.png
277823411_980576122819313_4196943707855486751_n.jpg
davidewastaken
Hi, here are the informations about my devices:
- galaxy s9 with android 10, spotify version 8.7.18.1138
- laptop with windows 10, spotify version 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c
I've also the same syncing issues in the web player.
I hope that it can be useful
Trema86

Here is my info:
Devices:

• Galaxy S21 Ultra, Android 12, Spotify Version: 8.7.18.1138
  • Galaxy Tab S6, Android 12, Spotify Version: 8.7.18.1138
  • Desktop PC, Windows 10, Spotify Version: 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c
  • Nvidia SHIELD TV, Android 11, Spotify Version: 2022.03.28_2-1458a45 E
  • Chromecast with Google TV, Android 10, Spotify Version: 2022.03.28_2-1458a45 E

No active VPN and also no change on a different Network.

By the way: If I add/remove a playlist on any device, it syncs immediately. 🤔

Yordan

Hi everyone!

Here's something you can try out to force a re-sync between the desktop and the mobile app:

1. Fully close Spotify on your PC (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager), then open the mobile app instead and add a song to your Liked Songs.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then set Spotify to offline mode. This is done under the app's settings. Close the app afterwards.
  3. Launch Spotify again on your phone, set it back to online through the settings, then launch Spotify on the desktop as well and go to your Liked Songs to check if the re-sync was successful.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Flanstario1

hey @yordan

where is the offline mode button in spotify settings. in the legacy app there was the offline button. why didn't they put it back these lazy people.

I tried your method to synchronize the titles from the mobile then put offline. and after reconnecting the synchronization still did not work

Yordan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In case you're experiencing this, be sure to +VOTE and share the following details, so we can forward them to the relevant team:

• Your phone's make, model and OS version.
  • Your PC's operating system.
  • The versions of Spotify both on your PC and mobile device.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Flanstario1

my phone :

Xiaomi Redmi note 9

Android 11 RP1A. 200720.011 MIUI 12.5.3 (RJOEUXM) 

version spotify 8.7.18.1138

my pc HP  

Windows 10 Famille 21h2 OS 19044.1586

Spotify  pour Windows 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

davidewastaken

Hi I don't know if it's helpful but I've noticed that syncing is working fine between desktop and web player, in fact liked songs and "following" counter are working as expected. In my case I have issues only between android and desktop/web player, so could it be related to the mobile app?