Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
smiilarky

I have an Android 10 phone (Doogee N30) and a Windows 10 PC (HP-Pavilion 15 version cw100).

I must say though, the bugs on the desktop app are so horrendously much. It's like you guys don't even care about this app.

markovicsara

Phone: Huawei P Smart Android 10.0.0.326

Phone Spotify: 8.6.94.306

PC: Windows 11 

PC Spotify: 1.1.82.758.g8b7b66c7

I have the same issue. If I 'like' a song or an album in my mobile app, it doesn't show up in the library in my Windows Desktop app (it DOES in the browser version). Exiting and opening the app again does nothing (I've added an album on my phone a few days ago and it's still not showing up on my computer). Logging out and back in fixes it, but I don't feel like doing it every time I wish to add a new song to my library. 

BramVB
  • Your phone's make, model and OS version. -- >.  Huawei P30 PRO ANDROID 10
  • Your PC's operating system. MAC OS BIG SUR and WINDOWS 10 (2 pc's)
  • The versions of Spotify both on your PC and mobile device.
  • MOBILE -> 8.7.18.1138 
  • PC -> Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c
BramVB

duplicate

danseare

Phone's make, model and OS version - Apple, iPhone 11, iOS 15.4.1
PC's operating system - Windows 11 Pro, version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
The versions of Spotify both on your PC and mobile device - PC 1.1.82.758.g8b7b66c7 / Mobile 8.7.20.1724

ewagner-8

I have the same issue, where it seemed desktop + web player were in sync, but not with my android phone. I tried the steps you provided (liking, going to offline, restarting the app, online, and checking the sync), which seems to have fixed the sync between mobile + web, but now desktop isn't syncing with either. When I like songs on my phone now, they immediately show up in the web player (and vice versa). Liking songs in the desktop app doesn't show up on either.

Using:

• Galaxy S20+ running android 12 and Spotify v 8.7.18.1138
  • PC running Windows 10 Education (v 10.0.19042 build 19042)  and Spotify for Windows (v 1.1.82.758.g8b7b66c7) 
CannonFire

I've had this issue for years with my iPhone 7 Plus and several PCs, just rediscovered it on my Motorola One 5g Ace and a work computer... very frustrating. 

PeterVickers

Getting the exact same issue, my liked songs are synced for old songs, but any new songs i’ve added in the past few days have not synced up. I’ve tried logging in and out of my account on both desktop and mobile but has not made any difference. Tried temporarily going into offline mode and then turning it back off but did not fix.

Phone: iPhone 13 Pro, IOS 15.2.1

Computer OS; Windows 10

Phone Spotify Version: 8.7.18.1411

techied

I'm also experiencing this issue as of a few days ago.

Phone: Galaxy Z Fold3, Android 12 (OneUI 4.1), Spotify 8.7.18.1138

PC: Fedora Linux 35, Linux Kernel 5.16.18-200.fc35.x86_64, Spotify 1.1.80.699.gc3dac750

kittyfromvicecity

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S20 / Windows PC

OS

Android 12 (OneUI 4.1) / Windows 11

Verisons

8.7.18.1138 / 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Found same issue today. Premium plan