Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments

Samsung S21 - Spotify Version 8.7.20.1261

Windows 11 

SdrKronos

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus Nord CE / Dell Inspiron Laptop

Operating System

Android 11 / Windows 11

For the past few days, I am unable to sync my Liked Songs playlist between my phone and my laptop after adding some songs to it from my phone. Please help to resolve this issue

tonyb

I'm using Spotify Premium on Windows 10 Desktop (everything up to date) and Samsung S10e mobile app (also everything up to date)

When I like (heart button) an album on Desktop, it doesn't show up in my mobile app library, and same vice versa.

jumpee

I'm experiencing this.  I use Spotify on Windows, Linux, Tesla, and an Android (Pixel 6 - Android 12) phone.  My Linux, Car, and Android phone are in sync, my Spotify on Windows is not.  I've tried the advice here in terms of syncing, and it does not work.  I think this is slightly unsurprising; as I believe that is intended to fix the phone not syncing its likes outward; but it's clear that these likes are at least on the Cloud since they are shared amongst 3 devices.  It's the desktop Likes that are not in sync.  

Please feel free to reach out to me or email me; I'm happy to help with further debugging, capture bugreports, etc.

Edit: After realizing that the Desktop is the one out of sync; I saved all of my liked songs on desktop to a separate playlist, and then uninstalled and re-installed on Windows.  With this, seems to be, at least, temporarily working.  My desktop saves were liked; but luckily, as said, I backed them up and was able to re-like them.

Woesloe

Information

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

PC Desktop App

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I change my liked songs in my account, my desktop app on my computer won't update to the right songs and plays the ones from the last time I logged back in. My playlists do update when I change songs, it's only a problem with my liked songs list on my desktop app. Any idea on how to fix this?

weekson
Polubione utwory na urządzeniu mobilnym i stacjonarnym przestały się synchronizować ze sobą na tym samym koncie.
jumunius

This happens to me frequently, but not consistently. Also appears to affect adding / removing songs from playlists, which really messes me up because I'm working on creating a few playlists and am constantly reviewing and moving songs from one to the next. If I fail to *move* a song but successfully *remove* it from its initial playlist, I lose the song.

Pixel 4a 5G

Spotify version 8.7.20.1261

Mac OSX 12.3.1

Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

violetcities

This also affects podcast episodes added to "Your Episodes" now. Anything I add or remove there doesn't sync between mobile and desktop.

Offline mode, force closing, reinstalling... nothing has worked for me so far.

Zenghai

Plan

Family

Country

France

Device

Google Pixel 4 - Desktop PC

Operating System

Android 12, Windows 11

No sync, nor wi-fi or 4g.

Zezu

Glad to come across this post and see that this problem is recent. I was starting to go crazy. ^^

I noticed that the "liked songs" playlist does not sync between my pc and my phone. It's quite disturbing. I tried everything too: deleting the cache, reinstalling mobile app, logout etc.. Nothing worked !

BUT by reading your comments, I noticed that I forgot to try one thing: checking my app desktop version : It  was not up to date !
I have just installed it and FINALLY it works again !

Thx

(Huawei P30 / Windows 10)