Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone!

Here's something you can try out to force a re-sync between the desktop and the mobile app:

1. Fully close Spotify on your PC (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager), then open the mobile app instead and add a song to your Liked Songs.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then set Spotify to offline mode. This is done under the app's settings. Close the app afterwards.
  3. Launch Spotify again on your phone, set it back to online through the settings, then launch Spotify on the desktop as well and go to your Liked Songs to check if the re-sync was successful.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Comments
violetcities

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9 / Acer laptop

Operating System

Android 10 / Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

For the last few days albums and songs l added to my library on mobile haven't been showing up on desktop. On the mobile app they appear in my library, green heart and all. If I unlike/remove an album or song on desktop it remains in my library on mobile. I'm connected to the internet on both devices so there's no reason why it shouldn't be syncing.

Playlists seem to be fine, newly created ones or edits made to them sync immediately.

davidewastaken

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Galaxy S9, windows pc

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone, in the last few days I've experienced the following issues:

• when I add songs to the liked ones in the android app they don't appear in the desktop client, and vice versa
  • the list of followed artists in my profile is broken: when I follow a new artist within the android app he dosn't appear in the list, if I do the same in the desktop client it works, but he is still missing from that list in the mobile app

I've tried to log out from the apps and to reinstall them but nothing changed. I would like to know if someone else has the same problems, thanks in advance.

smiilarky

I am also having this problem. Very, very, annoying. Initially, reinstalling the desktop app seemed to work, but the problem has reverted again.

Eni

Hey there @violetcities,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your PC. This will trigger a sync between your account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind logging in to your account on a different PC to check if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

davidewastaken

I have the same issue, I've tried with logging out and even with deleting the apps from the devices but nothing changed

nsonos

I noticed this on friday when I moved between two computers. I liked and added a song to a playlist, and checking my 2nd device the song was in the playlist but didn't show as liked. I re liked it and moved on, but then the next day noticed the same experience on my mobile device. The song was in my playlist but not appearing as liked.

I decided to check my "liked songs" playlist on my phone and noticed the songs were actually here, and showed as liked. Interesting! I selected the option to view the album directly from the song here, and the song was still not showing as liked. I know sometimes songs/albums can be moved/reuploaded, but this is different since it is the exact same song/album. Especially since the "older" version would still show as liked in that scenario.

So it seems like something is happening where it is still syncing playlists and if a song is liked, but the display for if a song is liked is not syncing when viewing it in a playlist/album/artist page. just my 2cents from troubleshooting it a bit over the weekend.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi Poco X3 / PC

Operating System

Win 11

Liked (saved) songs doesnt update according to the app on the phone. I add stuff to likes songs doesnt update on pc or browser on the same account. I changed and created new playlists, that updates go through. Its just the liked songs list. Are there two different liked songs lists for the same account on desktop and phone? If so, why? Or its just doesnt update, can i not manually refresh the list to check new changes?

violetcities

Hello! Unfortunately that didn't help. I logged out of everything and tested it on two other devices. Albums/songs added on desktop don't show up on mobile and vice versa.

_vbk

Plan

Premium

Country

GER

Device

(Google Pixel 5, Desktop PC)

Operating System

(Android 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I recently added about 100 songs to my Liked playlist on mobile. However, I am not able to play them from that playlist. Additionally, all newly added songs are missing from that same playlist when viewed from desktop. I reinstalled the desktop app in hopes to force a resync but the problem does not seem to be fixable on my end. Any help would be appreciated, as I do not want to readd all those songs at a later point.

This is the view from my desktop app. Note it only lists the 11 songs I had in there before.

spotify1.png

And this is the same playlist on my Android. Here, all 112 songs are listed, but only the same 11 songs from the picture above actually play (I can however play the songs from any other playlist). It seems, the Liked playlist is still considered empty.

spotify2.png

 EDIT:

I just realized that this bug is even a little more convoluted than I thought. I was connected via WiFo to my Yamaha MusicCast. If I disconnect, I have access to the whole playlist again (on my phone), but I cannot reconnect. If I reopen the app and reconnect, I once again can only play the same old 11 songs from before. The issue has not been resolved on my desktop, as well.

Jota39

The same thing happens to me