Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone!

Here's something you can try out to force a re-sync between the desktop and the mobile app:

1. Fully close Spotify on your PC (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager), then open the mobile app instead and add a song to your Liked Songs.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then set Spotify to offline mode. This is done under the app's settings. Close the app afterwards.
  3. Launch Spotify again on your phone, set it back to online through the settings, then launch Spotify on the desktop as well and go to your Liked Songs to check if the re-sync was successful.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Comments
davidewastaken

Same to me, when I give a like to a song on the phone it doesn't appear on the desktop list, and vice versa. quite frustrating

blomsam

I was having this same issue; there seemed to be a disconnect between the desktop app and phone app when liking songs or albums. However, simply updating the phone app and reinstalling the desktop app seemed to completely fix the issue for me.  Hope the same for you!

Edit: scratch that. The issue was fixed, but now it is back. In addition to this, there also seems to sometimes be a disconnect in one app registering when another is playing something as well.  

Trema86

Same issue here... 😕 (Android - S21 Ultra)
Every song added to my library using (but not limited to) my smartphone is not visible on my other devices (PC, multiple Android TVs, ...)

Relogging on my smartphone fixes the issue until adding another song... so... this (!) is no (!) solution... 😑

One week ago it worked as expected.

Something's not right here... 😞

Starworshipper

Same issue here, what a joke.

If I like a song on mobile, it won't appear in my library on my desktop.

If I like a song on my desktop, it won't appear in my library on mobile.

Screenshot_20220404-131611.jpg
Screenshot 2022-04-04 131656.png
Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reports.

In order to investigate this further can you give us the following info:

• Device model and OS version (both for your PC and phone)
  • Spotify version (both for your PC and phone)
  • Are you using a VPN
  • Have you tried connecting to another network

Looking forward to your replies.

davidewastaken
Hi, thanks for the response, here are my info:
- galaxy s9 with android 10, laptop with windows 10
- version 8.7.18.1138 on android, version 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c on windows
- no VPN
- yes, I've tried using a different network but nothing changed
In addition I've the same syncing issue with the web player
Flanstario1

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

Xiaomi Redmi note 9

Operating System

Android 11 RP1A.200720.011

version MIUI 12.5.3 (RJOEUXM)

My Question or Issue

since cache clearing. the liked titles updated what I had added in the liked titles on my computer. my question why there is still no auto sync on my spotify account on android and computer. titles liked on computer there are 141 songs and on android there are always 131 songs. How come there is still no sync.

Kind regards

Flanstario1

Flanstario1

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

Xiaomi Redmi note 9

Operating System

Android 11 RP1A.200720.011

Version MIUI 12.5.3.0 (RJOEUXM)

My Question or Issue

since cache clearing. the liked titles updated what I had added in the liked titles on my computer. my question why there is still no auto sync on my spotify account on android and computer. titles liked on computer there are 141 songs and on android there are always 131 songs. How come there is still no sync.

Ver

Hey @_vbk,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to try with another internet connection. Does that make a difference?

We'd suggest you also try logging in to another account on the same devices. That way we can check if this is an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

If nothing changes, could you please share with us the following? Please also include the info @Vasil mentioned. We'll look into this further.

• The exact Spotify version that is running on your devices
  • If anything changes when you try adding songs to the Liked Songs playlist while using the desktop app.
  • Did this occur, for example, after an update?
  • Does this happen more on one device and not on another?

Keep us posted.

_vbk

Hey Ver,

thank you for your time.

I've tried with a VPN and at my work which all did not help. I also logged in with other devices.

However, I checked a few hours ago and the problem seems to have resolved itself somehow. The only thing I tested was to delete one song of the original 11 from my desktop client. There was no immediate change to the playlist on my mobile though, so I'm not sure if this is related at all or if there was just some unfortunate sync-error that resolved by itself. But as of now, it seems to be fixed. However, I am not at home at the moment and I did not check if I could stream via WiFi earlier this day. I will test this later and update you. I will also look into some further sync tests, maybe deleting some songs on my phone and check on desktop and vice-versa.

The problem occurred on my desktop on some old version I did not check, however I reinstalled yesterday to 1.1.80.699 which did not help.

On mobile, I have version 8.7.18.1138.

Cheers