Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liking songs doesn't sync between the mobile and the desktop app

We've received reports that when liking song from the mobile app, it won't appear in the Liked Songs on the desktop app and vice versa (liking a song from the desktop app doesn't add it to the liked songs on the mobile app). This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone!

Here's something you can try out to force a re-sync between the desktop and the mobile app:

1. Fully close Spotify on your PC (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager), then open the mobile app instead and add a song to your Liked Songs.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then set Spotify to offline mode. This is done under the app's settings. Close the app afterwards.
  3. Launch Spotify again on your phone, set it back to online through the settings, then launch Spotify on the desktop as well and go to your Liked Songs to check if the re-sync was successful.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

Comments
antwnhsx

Top comment did not work for me.

S10+ /w battery optimizations disabled for Spotify. Mobile version 8.7.22.1125

W10 Version 1.182.758.0

fvan83h-qq_qn

Tried the whole offline mode suggestion from moderator above. Did not work.

Windows 10 latest version

Samsung SM J727A

Android version 8.1.0

Samsung Version 9.5

Spotify apps up to date

DarkSpider94

Hi Guys,

Been having similar issue for a couple of months now.

Plan

Premium

Country

MY

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S20+, Desktop PC)

Operating System

(Android 12, Windows 11)

Lime520

Hi,

for me it seems the issue is with the desktop app not syncing the Liked Songs playlist.

When checking the Web Player, the Liked songs are not synced.

I checked the Spotify Web Player to see if the issue was with the mobile or the desktop app. It seems the desktop app is not sending Liked Songs information to the servers. I created a playlist on the desktop app which also appeared on the Web Player, whilst the Liked Songs were still not refreshed. However, I did not try to add a new song to see if the song would appear.

A forced re-sync works as @dvine has commented in this thread: I managed to sync when putting the desktop app in offline mode and closing it (completely, not minimized) before opening it again.

I can recall this sync issue happening numerous times over at least 1 year now.

I am not using a VPN.

I'm not sure if the android version is relevant since it synced the Liked songs fine after the desktop app had synced with the Web Player.

OS and model:

• Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
  • Android 10 on SM-G965F

Spotify version:

• Spotify for Windows 1.1.82.758.g8b7b66c7
  • Spotify for Android 8.7.22.1125

Alsewh

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Estonia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE / Lenovo Legion 5

Operating System

(Android 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

The exact same is happening to me as well. Songs liked on my laptop do not get added in the Liked Songs on my phone and vice versa. Tried reinstalling the app on both devices, tried the Offline trick suggested in this post to no avail. I'd gladly post the app version I have on both devices, but I was unable to find it anywhere within the apps, which is strange.

sysnickm

I'm having the same issue as well,

I made several changes to my Liked Songs list (over 1000), and now those change are not showing up on my phone or my other computer.

Details:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S21 / Android

PCs: Both Windows 11 running the latest updates

envious_dragonborn

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11/Desktop PC

Operating System

Apple 15.4.1  / Windows 11

imdabatman01

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, and am on the most current IOS.

PC is Windows 11.

Both on the most updated Spotify versions.

Songs I like on my PC are not appearing on my iPhone Spotify and vice versa. As someone who chiefly uses the Liked Songs list to listen to music, this is proving to be large problem.

Thanks in advance.

Alsewh

So, I don't know if this helps in any way, but I tried launching Spotify on a third device (Samsung TV) and it seems that the situation is as follows:

- Liking a song on my phone does not sync it with the Desktop app, but does sync it with the TV app;

- Liking a song on the TV app syncs it with the phone, but not with the Desktop app;

- Liking a song on the Desktop app does not sync it neither with the Android app nor the TV app.

I hope that there's a speedy fix for this bug, quite strange that it's still treated as an 'idea' rather than an actual problem. 

clg897
  • Your phone's make, model and OS version.
    • Google Pixel 6 Pro
    • Android 12 (SP2A.220405.004)
  • Your PC's operating system.
    • Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 20H2, OS Build 1942.1645)
  • The versions of Spotify both on your PC and mobile device.
    • PC: Spotify for Windows 1.1.83.956.gbe7ea9a7
    • Phone: Spotify for Android 8.7.22.1125