List of Spotify supported streaming devices for TV

Since the ongoing problem with Roku not supporting Spotify playlists (whoever is at fault - I have heard both ways) dosen't seem to be being addressed, I would like an up to date list of streaming  devices (like Roku) that will allow me to access Spotify on my TV like I used to be able to.  Currently, I can play one album or song at a time (with Roku) and I can search for songs, but no playlists.  Looking for something else for streaming since my Roku device is getting old and is not working up to par and in case it is not my current device that is the problem and instead is Roku itself I don't want to throw good money after bad.  I tried looking on the website but while the info might be there, it is NOT easily accessable.  Just something simple like : "The following devices support streaming and will allow the FULL use of Spotify". 

Hey @captbilly53! Thanks for letting me know about this.

All devices compatible with Spotify that you can connect with your TV are shown on this page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day! 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @captbilly53! Thanks for letting me know about this.

All devices compatible with Spotify that you can connect with your TV are shown on this page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day! 🙂

captbilly53
Music Fan
Many thanks! Just exactly what I was looking for. Roku has been having so many issues (not just with Spotify) that I wanted an alternative device I could use. Checking the Roku FAQ’s, they seem to be saying that any problems are being caused by having older Roku equipment and that the solution would be to buy the state of the art version. BUT, I also noticed that people were posting that they HAD bought the latest and greatest Roku device and were STILL having problems. I have noticed that while I have all these problems with You Tube or Spotify (or others), I can watch or listen on either my computer or tablet (to exactly the same items) and have no problems. All are fed thru the same router so it can’t be an ISP problem. Think I might give Amazon Fire a look see. Anyone else using a streaming device other than Roku? Any suggestions?

Related Issues