Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not appearing on Android

Hey folks,

We've received some reports that imported Local Files on Android aren't showing up on.  Most reports come from devices with versions of Android 9.

To prevent any confusions, keep in mind that this is different from the regular Local Files syncing process (from desktop to mobile).

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Ray_Beam

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung A8 2018

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I'm having issues getting Spotify to detect local files on my phone. The 'Local Files' folder is appearing in Spotify, but this folder is empty despite my phone having numerous mp3's downloaded locally. I've tried preforming a clean install of Spotify (detailed here), as well as moving some of my local mp3's to see if this would solve the issue (moving files from the sd card to internal storage for example). However, my issue has persisted and I'm at a lost as to why these local files aren't appearing. This feature has been working fine for me up until yesterday when it stopped working suddenly. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Motsuki

Hello I know this topic has already been done before but I did everything at those (the topics I could have found) and none helped to me in any bit

My problem is that  spotify on my phone cant see local files at all even tho I gave the permisson 

I did everything (turning on the option thats named "Show Local sound files" , deleting the app and reinstalling , restarting my phone etc) none helped either I just gone and factory resetted my phone to see if that could help but it didnt.

I did try diffrent files not only 1. I also have tried the same on ohter phones it totaly worked at those it even works on my desktop computer but it doesnt work on my phone.

Any idea would help thank you.  (I also have bad english because its not my main language so I did try my best)

Yordan

Hi @Motsuki!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Heads-up: we've moved your post to the Help board as it's more relevant.

Could you let us know the following:

• your device's make, model and OS version
  • the version of your Spotify app

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

Motsuki

hello sorry for late respond 

phone model is xiaomi Redmi Note 5 

OS is Android 9

and spotify version is 8.7.18.1138

denning74

I am having the same issue with my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S8. 

Yordan

Hey folks!

Thanks for the confirmation @Motsuki! It seems that there's an issue with the local files not showing on Android 9, which our internal teams are currently investigating. While we cannot provide a specific timeline for a fix as of yet, rest assured we'll keep you posted as soon as there are any updates on this.

@denning74, could you confirm that you're also on Android 9? Feel free to share the version of Spotify you're running, so we can forward the info to our developers.

Thanks!

Pilihprevilo

I'm having the same issue on Android 9. It was working but now shows 0 files.

Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

chickenfeett

Device and Operating system version

Sumsung S8

Android v9

Spotify version

Troubleshooting you've done so far

Cleared cache, restarted phone

Describe the steps you take to synch local files to your phone

I'm just trying to play MP3 files that are stored on my SD card on my phone. No sync required, since I'm not syncing between devices.

Floresdorf

Hello! I have been having the exact same issue, but it appears to be on a higher level. For playlists that don't have customized photos, the image is just blank. I actually uninstalled spotify and installed again, and it fixed the image bug momentarily. One thing I noticed is that the UI appeared like the old one. But when I turned on my phone this morning again, the UI was back to the new one and the playlist photos disappeared again.

And I also got the no local files bug, too.

Should I send screenshots?

Device name: Galaxy Note8 (Exynos)

Spotify version: 8.7.18.1138 (downloaded from Play Store)