Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not appearing on Android

Hey folks,

We've received some reports that imported Local Files on Android aren't showing up on.  Most reports come from devices with versions of Android 9.

To prevent any confusions, keep in mind that this is different from the regular Local Files syncing process (from desktop to mobile).

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
hurura

私も同じくSONYのNW-A100 android9()SpotifyVersion8.7.18.1138(GooglePlaystoreからダウンロード)

でローカルファイル内の音楽が消滅しました。

同じアカウントを入れている別デバイス、GooglePixel5a5G Android12では聴けます

denning74

I have a Galaxy S8. It is running Android 9.0, and the Spotify version is 8.7.18.1138.

Prevalion

Plan

Premium

Country

Tunisia 

Device

Huawei Y9 2019

Operating System

Android 9 

My Question or Issue

local songs not showing but some are liked but when played, it says that this song is not available for your device 

Screenshot_20220409_231637_com.spotify.music.jpg
denning74

Still not showing local files on the phone app. Any idea when this will be resolved?

isweethero

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung S8 Exynos

Operating System

Android 9

I'm having the same issue, tried re-installing, a clean install, re-adding permissions resulting in nothing.

So I tried installing previus versions, the issue is present in 8.7.20.1261 and 8.7.18.1138.

The version working for me is 8.7.14.1332.

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for the reports.

The right teams are actively working on this. We'd suggest keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss out on any fix.

Cheers!

Yordan

Hi everyone,

Our developers have made some improvements backstage, so this should now be fixed for everyone, running Spotify 8.7.22. Those of you who are already on this version, could you confirm that everything looks good on you end now?

If you're still on an older one, check the Play Store to see if the newest update has been rolled out for you.

Thanks!

Floresdorf

Thank you! The issue has indeed been resolved for me.

Your support is awesome!

Caty654

Have been having this problem myself. I did everything reccomended, including hooking up my computer to my mobile phone's hotspot, dowloading the playlist on both devices, ect. Hope it's able to be fixed soon! 

Jeremy

Hi there @Caty654,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!