Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not appearing on Android

Hey folks,

We've received some reports that imported Local Files on Android aren't showing up on.  Most reports come from devices with versions of Android 9.

To prevent any confusions, keep in mind that this is different from the regular Local Files syncing process (from desktop to mobile).

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
JohnMckinnon

Device: Samsung S8+

Spotify Version: 8.7.24.1111 (downloaded from play store)

MY local files only shows 1 song which is very strange as i have ALOT of songs which are the same file type.

I have tried:

deleting the app

clearing the cache

moving the songs to a different location

have tried adding the songs to my laptop and putting them in a playlist as the laptop local files work fine (win 10) they dont play on my phone

Have run out of ideas, please fix this issue.

JohnMckinnon

Downloading spotify version 8.7.16.1354 has fixed the issue, so obviously something between that version and the new update is broken

karmenz

Device: Samsung S20 FE
Spotify Version : 8.724.1111

Tried: 
-Clearing cache
-Reinstalling app
-Restarting phone
-... and all the other recommendations from other community troubleshoot posts.

Novy

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for your patience. 

The right teams continue to work on this, but we're unable to provide a specific timeline for this to be fixed. We'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss out on any developments. 

Cheers.

mistamac

Galaxy S9

Android 10 here! Apparently it's not just v9

Only reinstall of Spotify and all my songs will put my local files into the playlist and be playable from my phone.

After the reinstall, one by one, songs will go missing, yet somehow other songs from the same album, from the same destination of the other files will be gone. I go to my local files tab on my phone and they are all there. I can queue up or place into playlist or like the songs. I can play them though. When I go back to my playlist they are grayed out. What gives?

AlejaR
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!