Local files, not all listes

I have 33.000 local songs, only 16458 are listed in the app, why?

Hey @roccolord,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

We'll close this thread up in the meantime, but give us a shout if you have any other questions.
We'll be sure to comment here if we have any extra info from the team.

If anyone else is experiencing this, we'd recommend clicking '+ vote' on this thread too.

Thanks,

/M

0 Likes
Comments
Maria_B
Status changed to: Need more info

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Can you check the info over hereAlso, could you let us know what operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

On the other hand, make sure the tracks are .mp3, .mp4, or .m4p files. Keep in mind that we don't support .mp4 files that contain video.

We are looking forward to your reply,
roccolord
Casual Listener

Hello, I use OSX, High Sierra, and latest spotify client that is available on this plattform.

The local files are added from iTunes, which is an option on OSX version of Spotify. The totalt of files are listed, in the top part of local files, but it's not possible to scroll further down than around 15.000 songs.

This makes it impossible to create playlist for my local files, also the limit of 10.000 songs per playlist is annoying.

Julian

Thanks for the info.

At the moment, is not possible to go over that playlist limit. However, keep in mind that you can create different playlist for your Local files or Spotify songs > Create a folder and add those playlists to the folder > Play all songs form the playlists within the folder.

Now, if all the files you're trying to use with Spotify have a mp3, .mp4, or .m4p format, they should show in Spotify. If the songs have a different format, it won't be possible to play them and therefore, those songs won't show up in the app. 

In this case, we'd like you to import the local files by searching the files location on your computer. You'll find the steps to do it here. Make sure not to import the songs from iTunes.

Let us know if that helps.

roccolord
Casual Listener

I know the folder trick for playlists, but thanks anyway.

All songs are mp3. But they are 33.000. The client doesn't work with this amount of local files. It takes 100% cpu for ages, and still does not list all songs. It's not possible to play songs and I have to force quit Spotify from time to time.

I'll test to import from files and now iTunes and see if this helps, which I doubt.

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @roccolord!

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply on any updates.

All the best.

roccolord
Casual Listener

Its so slow importing and taking so much cpu it's amazing just to sit and watch this waste of resource.

roccolord
Casual Listener

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 10.53.12.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-23 at 07.37.03.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-23 at 07.56.31.png

roccolord
Casual Listener

Doesn't work when adding local files directly either. List is until Artist starting with M. Can search for like U2 and they will be displayed. But the list is of local files are still limited, eventhough all songs are present.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @roccolord!

Thanks for all the info and the screenshots you've sent.

We've reported this to the right folks and will update this thread as soon as there's an update.

Stay tuned.

Melody
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @roccolord,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

We'll close this thread up in the meantime, but give us a shout if you have any other questions.
We'll be sure to comment here if we have any extra info from the team.

If anyone else is experiencing this, we'd recommend clicking '+ vote' on this thread too.

Thanks,

/M

Related Issues