Local files playback issues with crossfade on

I've just recently downloaded my local files again, After recently my local files just kept disappearing so I did a clean reinstall of the app, I've tried signing out and downloading the local files multiple times. Still nothing has changed.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
mrscottyd
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

My local files for the longest time have worked perfectly fine with crossfade on and now recently any time i play a local file song it stutters at the end of it and if there is another local file song the beginning of the song will also stutter.

Alex

Hey there @mrscottyd,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app, by following the steps from this Guide exactly. After that reupload your local files and see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

katie_mc_smith

This is happening to me as well....it is a new issue.  The entire crossfade stutters at the beginning and end of the song.  I have performed a clean reinstall with no fix to the issue.  These files are now unusable in a class setting for me.

tomascortereal
The same happens to me
I've already reinstalled the app on Mac and iPhone more than 10 times (and it was a clean reinstall)

but all my local files, when the crossfade option is on, they start stuttering in the beginning and in the end.

This never happened before.

I didn't change phones, or Mac, and everything is updated
sadboideluxe
Visitor

Experiencing exactly the same issue. Started for me today, out of nowhere. local files had worked perfectly with crossfade prior to today. Could it be a glitch in code or something? 

Patrick70

Same thing as well happened to me today. Local files faded just fine in & out of songs. Now they stutter & crackle during the fade. I also tried a clean uninstall and download. Still the same problem. Help please. Thanks. 

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this to us.

We've let the right team know about this and have passed on your reports. We'll keep you posted here, as soon as we have any news to share on the matter.

If you're experiencing this, we'd appreciate it if you leave a comment with the make, model, OS version and Spotify version you're running.

Thanks! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

donkeylarry
Gig Goer

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

Spotify Version - 8.6.2.1041

I have several playlists that have multiple uploaded local files that are arranged so that one song crossfades into the next and so forth...have had no problems prior to this, however for the last month or so the end of one song skips as it ends and the next song skips for about 12 seconds at its beginning.  It sounds like a scratched CD and defeats the whole purpose of all the work I went into downloading the file and ordering the playlists accordingly.  

If the solution is to "re-install" the app don't even bother responding...I am beyond annoyed at having to "solve" the problem myself by basically starting all over and re-syncing hundreds and hundreds of files.  

My settings are as follows:

Crossfade (12s)

Gapless Playback - On

Automix - On

Enable Audio Normalization - On

Again, have never experienced any sort of issue like this until recently...seemingly after the latest Spotify version update.  Appreciate any assistance in advance.

Yan38
Casual Listener
Same problem here!!!! I did all the steps, still nothing
Yan38
Casual Listener
same thing here! 😞

Related Issues