Local files slow to load, won't sync to mobile

Ever since the desktop app changed to have local files imported by searching through root folders rather than importing playlists, I haven't been able to get any local files to sync to my iPhone app. When I do link up a file location on the desktop app, Spotify takes a long time to process the songs and often crashes before it's finished. When they finally load, I can add the songs to my other playlists, but they won't sync to mobile. Every other song will have the icon indicating it's been downloaded, but not the local files. And none of them appear on my iPhone.

I've tried all the old solutions to the not syncing problem: uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both desktop and mobile, checked and reset the wifi, made sure all apps are up to date, restarted phone and PC. Again, this didn't start happening until recently when it started detecting local files through their root folders.

I don't know if the actual Spotify people read this, but I'm really not happy with this change that seems to have eliminated the ability to install local files on mobile, or at the very least made it extremely slow and inefficient compared to before. If this doesn't get fixed soon I will be cancelling my premium subscription. I got premium to get my local files on my playlists too. If that doesn't work there's no point in me subscribing anymore.

EDIT: I've also attached a picture to clarify what I'm talking about. The local file I'm trying to download is on the bottom. Every other file has the check or plus sign to indicate if it's in my library, and every one of those have synced and downloaded to my mobile app. Except the local file. And all of the other local files in the playlist are the same.

Again, if there isn't movement on this issue this will be my last month subscribing to Spotify. I do not appreciate an update that breaks the one thing I want most out of the premium service.

song.JPG

Hey @Caitielou!

We're closing this thread since we haven't heard back from you in a while.

Feel free to open a new one if you need us again.

All the best.

Comments
Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Caitielou, welcome to the community!

Awesome song you're trying to sync there, I wish it was on Spotify 🙂

About the local files not having the check mark icon, it's expected behaviour since they can't be added to your Songs.

About the syncing to your mobile issue, let's make sure you're following these steps to do the syncing. Also, try following the troubleshooting under FAQs "I can't get local files on my mobile or tablet" section.

If that doesn't help, let's try using a different internet connection to do the syncing. In case you don't have one available, try tethering your phone's data plan to your PC and using that connection to try it out instead.

All the best.

Alfredo
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Caitielou!

We're closing this thread since we haven't heard back from you in a while.

Feel free to open a new one if you need us again.

All the best.

Related Issues