Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Since the last Spotify update, the lock screen buttons on my phone to pause or skip do not work. Neither do the bluetooth connected steering wheel buttons in my car. This is not limited to me - other phones in our house are having exactly the same issue (another S7 Oreo and an S9 Pie). I have deleted the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app and it's still the same. The lack of this function in the car means unwanted tracks cannot be skipped as it is illegal to touch a mobile phone while drivin - the new in car view is therefore useless. Please fix this bug!!!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your patience so far!

This should be now fixed. 

If you're having troubles, try a quick reinstall of the app on your devices following the steps provided here.

If that doesn't do the trick, please let us know by starting a new thread with all the necessary details in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to take a look. Thanks!

Comments
Ares44

The latest version has fixed the lock screen controls, but bluetooth controls work intermittently, and metadata does not work when locked. (Moto X4 with Uconnect)

Odiousfinch

Katerina
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your patience so far!

This should be now fixed. 

If you're having troubles, try a quick reinstall of the app on your devices following the steps provided here.

If that doesn't do the trick, please let us know by starting a new thread with all the necessary details in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to take a look. Thanks!

Perhaps you can tell us what the Spotify development and testing team has
done to test and evidence this so called fix, which STILL doesn¹t work.

It¹s very simple. 8.4.*** works. 8.5.**** currently doesn¹t.

How to **bleep** off your subscribers? Keep asking them to uninstall and
reinstall the app and hope the problem just magically goes away.
Fran66

The only way I can advance a track after the initial track is to use the controls on my phone. I have updated the app and followed the instructions. I get a read out on my radio from the first played song and then try to advace to the next track with a radon number read out. I can get it to work after I pause and play the track again on the phone. Moto Z3 play

aaronfinley

This isn't fixed, but it was fun to reinstall Spotify for the hundredth time

Guido

Hello @aaronfinley@Fran66, @user-removed and anyone else who read this.

If you are still experiencing this, please head over here to leave a vote and your device details so we can look into this again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

hedonisticchild
The latest update is working for me. I'd advise you speak to Spotify on
Twitter, they will respond to you.
StudleyMax

This "solution" has not worked for me. I've cleared cache and data, and uninstalled/reinstalled spotify about 10 times, but still cannot control spotify via BMW Mini Cooper car controls like I used to be able to.

StudleyMax

NOT FIXED!!!

Env: prod