Current and longstanding issues with Chromecast (both Android and Web player):
- Availble Chromecast devices are regularly not listed in the Devices tab even when they are available and visible to other apps. This can sometimes be fixed by using another app or device (not spotify) to cast something and then stop casting.
- Playback often stops and disconnects.
- Once playback stops tracks will no longer play until the player is restarted (web player only)
- After a disconnect it sometimes becomes impossible to reconnect (the reconnection attempt fails after some time)
- Current song often goes out of sync (the song actually playing will be different to the stated current song)
- Volume buttons on android often stop working.
Also note that these are not caused by network misconfigurations or other environment issues as I have many other apps that do not suffer from these issues and work flawlessly with Chromecast.
Is there any official word on these bugs? If not can we please get one. They have been present for such a long time now I am wondering if they will ever be fixed. If they are known and acknowledged can we get an idea of their priority. On the other hand if they are seen as 'working as intended' can we get a confirmation of that so people affected by them can make arrangements to move to another service.
We're closing this thread as we didn’t receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.
All the best 🙂