Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume when casting Spotify

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for all your valuable information.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Jeremy

Hey folks,

Thank you for your replies.

@minniemee_24 - Keep in mind that when casting your phone's entire sound it will sound different, quality-wise and volume-wise, than if you cast only Spotify via the apps own feature, Connect. This is expected and if you have some suggestion on how to make the Connect feature better, feel free to create an Idea. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

@Roy35 - it seems like you're using some sort of equalizer for your tablet. Can you try turning it off and seeing if you notice any difference?

@Paulfree79 - Thank you for the feedback. It'd be great if can can let us know your specific set-up, so we can haver a closer look:

• What mobile device you're using
  • Are you casting or playing via Connect
  • What speaker(s) you're using

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

Paulfree79

I use Google home and Google mini speakers and use either my Samsung s20 or Microsoft surface pro to control through  Connect, the volume had been great for month's then just last week dropped again by about 30%, has there been any changes in the last week with spotify? This has happened to me on numerous occasions over the last few years and everything suggested to do does not work ( change settings, reinstall app, use different device etc ) last time it happend the volume was low for month's then it seems for no reason it went back to normal. I really don't think there is anything I can do on my end but would really appreciate any help on this and any different advice.

Paulfree79
And can you let me know what you found out about what I suggested could be the problem, thanks
Roy35

When you are casting music to a smart speaker it is not possible to use the equalizer in the spotify app. Not in the tablet-version and also not in the iphone version. The equalizer is disabled during casting. See pictures 

083A0BB7-37AC-4E35-A94D-8AC1CFBE9E0E.jpeg

FCE45C07-CA4E-4BF1-90D2-D0DCAF8E0D3B.jpeg

minniemee_24
Hmmm... Your reply doesn't make sense because this never used to be the case. The difference in volume only started a month ago. Before that, there was no difference in volume between casting my phone and casting through the app, so something seems to have changed with your app.
Alex

Hey @Albert_F,

We'd need a bit more info from your end.

Can you let us know how you connect and cast your media devices to the speaker? Via Bluetooth or Spotify Connect over WiFi, or any type of cable.

And also if you could confirm that the volume levels are the same regardless whether you cast from another device like your phone or use voice commands to directly play music from the speaker.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Albert_F

This only happens when casting via Spotify Connect over WiFi. When I connect to the Nest Mini via bluetooth the volume is at the normal level (aka the issue is not present)  And also yes, the volume level is the exact same if I cast from another device or I just use voice commands to directly play music from the speaker

Alex

Hey @Albert_F ,

Thanks for providing us with this info.

We've informed the right teams at Spotify about this behavior and they're currently looking into it.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we get any news 🙂

Cheers. 

Alex

Hi folks,

Thanks for providing us with this info.

We've informed the right teams at Spotify about this and they're currently looking into it.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we get any news.

Cheers. 

Roy35
Hello Alex, good to hear that it has got the attention of your tech guys.
I hope that spotify can get this back as it was before. So we all can enjoy music with the right sound-quality and volume-level