Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume when casting Spotify

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for all your valuable information.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Eraxos

I change now my music service to another company. I was over two years on the Spotify plattform but with no answer or help from the customerservice i must change. Please information when you find the problem. 

CommUser

@Roy35 yes I agree it's not a Google issue. I've heard back from customer services and asking for model numbers etc. I think it's quite apparent from the posts on here it's not our devices that are to blame. And asking for WiFi details, wth has WiFi got to do with volume, other services work fine on the same network! Mine seems to work when direct to individual speakers via Bluetooth but as soon as it's cast or requested via voice commands the volume lowers. When it's cast it doesn't come direct from my phone as it continues to play if I turn my phone off, (same with linked account via GH app), this suggests it's a problem at Spotify's end. 

1. As per usual not taking responsibility for something that doesn't work with their product!
Paulfree79

Come on Spotify!!! it's been a week now since I asked for an update on this issue, we need an update even if its to say you have no clue how to fix this problem, at least then I'll know I need to move on and start paying for a different music service, you say you have passed this on to the relevant team to look into, could we please have this teams contact details so we can get feed back directly from them. I will be expecting a reply ASAP... 

CommUser

I sent the link and some words to the customer services after they asked for my model/serial/WiFi info.  Here's the reply....

Thanks for taking time to email us back.

We have alerted our developers to this issue and they are investigating the matter. 

We appreciate your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, although please be aware we’re not able to confirm if or when will this be addressed. 

We recommend keeping the Spotify app updated to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features. Also, feel free to check out our Community where we keep everyone informed about new releases and any other announcements. You can also submit feedback and suggest new features there.

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you

CommUser

Edit; As in the link to this thread!

hendersj
That's their stock "form reply" when they're not doing anything. There's
an open issue around the maximum number of saved tracks that's been open
for years now, in spite of getting thousands of votes, and they still
haven't directly addressed it (they made it a bit better by changing how a
few things are stored, but there's still a limit of 10,000 items that you
can favorite).

It's a typical non-response from Spotify. It's about on par with "have you
tried turning it off and back on again?"
Rikochet

Spotify team,

It's now a month since I raised my issue onto this thread and there's been no sign of progress. Please can you update us with what actions are being taken and the estimated timescales for resolution.

This is affecting all casting to my Chromecast Audios, Google Home Max speaker and HK Citation 300. All on the same network, latest firmware available on all devices and makes no difference which Android device I cast from or ask the Google Assistant to play a Spotify playlist. Internet radio and Bluetooth connections are normal volume.

Also just had an email stating that you're putting the monthly price up; that's a bitter pill to swallow given your service isn't working properly.

hendersj

@Rikochet 

Yep, that's pretty standard "customer service" from Spotify.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe... was opened in 2014 and got a resolution 6 *years* later, in spite of the fact that it was a top issue for most of its time, and had over 12,000 votes.

I expect this issue will take 20 years for them to resolve, at that rate.  This one only has 16 votes right now.

Spotify, prove me wrong and fix it now.

Paulfree79

I have been using YouTube music the last couple of days, the sound quality and volume are so much better (playing the actual volume of my speakers) the only reason I haven't cancelled paying for spotify and switched to youtube music is the fact I have been building up my music library for a few years now and have thousands of songs and many favourite playlists and albums so my question is if there is a way to transfer your spotify library to another music service ? Also was having  another look into what is causing this low volume problem and I think @hendersj got it spot on it is definitely something to do with spotify's master volume!!!

Roy35

@Paulfree79 

yes indeed there is no problem with other music providers, so I will move over to Deezer next month. Unless Spotify comes with a solution before end of May, but it seems they won’t.

I also have a big music library in Spotify but I know I recreate that at Deezer within a week.

The sound quality and volume is phenomenal at Deezer if you compare it to spotify. Also the interface is really good