Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature missing on the desktop app and the web player.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users unable to find the button to activate the Lyrics feature on the web player and the desktop app.

If you experience this issue, let us know by voting on this thread. This helps us out a lot.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Ya not in offline.

How do i make a reinstall and data clear?
OscarDC

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for keeping in touch and for confirming the information.

To perform a clean reinstall of the app, you just need to follow the steps mentioned on this link according to your device. Once you've completed the clean reinstall, remember to check if the lyrics of this song are shown in your desktop app. 

If the issue persists, could you check if you have the "mic icon" to see the lyrics on the Web Player with the same song?

We'll be on the lookout for your next response. 

rog7

Sometimes the problem is that you have an older version of the spotify application. I was not seeing the microphone icon. After searching around for answers, I decided to move the spotify app to the trash (I'm on a Macbook) and download the latest version. Voila! Now the mic icon is there to see the lyrics. 😊

Strange_fox25

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Chromebook Version 104.0.5112.83

Operating System

ChromeOS

My Question or Issue

When I open the Spotify app from google play on my Chromebook, the icon for lyrics doesn't appear. It does the same thing when I open Spotify in my browser, and I'm not able to see the lyrics for any songs without manually looking it up.

ALRO090804

Same problem here, no microphone icon on even the songs that should have lyrics on the web version but the app has microphone icon

Mitcheln1996

musixmatch lyrics stopped working on pc this morning. How is this possible? Is spotify working on an update causing this issue?

OscarDC

Hey @Mitcheln1996,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

This kind of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored on your PC. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If the issue persists, would you mind trying logging out and back in twice to force the sync between your device and your account to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout.

Mitcheln1996
Hiii,

Thanks for you reply

(Sorry for my bad english)

The problem does not occur through the a application through my samsung mobile and philips tv.

The problem is only occurs by a web browser( not by a app)

Adewater500

I have the same problem the problem is on my web browser

I signed out but there's still no lyrics

imnotthatrobot

Hey Spotify people...What happened to the lyrics button in the web player? It's missing since a couple of days. I know you do a lot of testing with new features but this is not right , people decides to pay a subscripion based on the features they see in the app, if you encourage somebody to pay and then remove those features, is not  fair at all. I would like to know what happened to the feature for which I decided to pay a subscription.