Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature missing on the desktop app and the web player.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users unable to find the button to activate the Lyrics feature on the web player and the desktop app.

If you experience this issue, let us know by voting on this thread. This helps us out a lot.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
nawe_yes

I do not have the microphone icon on the web version.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 13.46.07.png

JonoChaaap

I also do not have the microphone on the web version where I did before?

JonoChaaap_1-1660372697288.png

peterturbo_apologist

I have the same problem! Lyric button disappeared yesterday evening. I've asked on Reddit and someone told me they weren't having the problem. Do you think it's location-based? I'm in Thailand.

hwv

Same here, the lyrics button is no more there in spotify web.

But you can see the lyrics again, when you open https://open.spotify.com/lyrics in your browser

elvinafirmansyah

This happened to me as well, but only with my web browser

angelheart04

I also have this issue; web browser as well. I do not have the app downloaded. 

YMSKZ_8_S

It's the same problem for me. I am on desktop and on chrome web-player. It used to show for me but not anymore.

But I tried the first solution and nothing happened.

irrelevant1

Yep. Contacted spotify 3 times, no help. They said they haven’t removed the feature, but they’re working on fixing it.

sillysack69

I have the same problem. No icon for turning on lyrics

sillysack69

Indeed. I have the same problem. The icon for turning on lyrics has disappeared as if it never existed in the first place!