Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature missing on the desktop app and the web player.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users unable to find the button to activate the Lyrics feature on the web player and the desktop app.

If you experience this issue, let us know by voting on this thread. This helps us out a lot.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
OscarDC

Hey @Strange_fox25,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate your report regarding this issue. Our internal teams are already aware of the situation and they're working on a fix. We cannot give you a specific date for this, but we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, keep your app and browser updated to be aware of any changes.

Thank you again for your patience and if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

again1

hey Spotify... what is happening with the lyrics of the songs?, every time I try with a new account always appears the same and I doubt that the problem is the song, since 2 weeks ago I appeared the lyrics of almost all the songs of my playlist, the truth does not seem to me that an app so recognized for its good sound quality and its ability to show the lyrics to the sound of the Song gets bad name for an incident like this.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Our tech team is currently looking into the reasons for this behavior.

Thanks for the patience,

Cheers!

saifmalik

why lyrics is not working in spotify web, i've used it 3 days ago but now its just not showing the mic button

Aditya59

I had the same problem with both the desktop application and the web version.

The desktop application started showing the lyrics after updating the software, i.e., downloading the new setup file from the Spotify website instead of the windows store.
But the web version still does not show the lyrics icon for any song.

SNameless

Yup, same problem as @nawe_yes , the lyrics button is missing in web player.

SNameless_0-1660519080930.png

It seems to be working fine in Windows and Android app tho.

Dian
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there,

Thank you all for the patience.

Our tech team has reported to us that a fix was implemented. Could you confirm the Lyrics feature is visible and working while using the web player on your end? Make sure to log out and log back in beforehand.

Cheers!

And it wasnt the webplayer. It was the desktop app
SNameless

@Dian is working properly now. Thanks guys.

ashuqu

Issue was fixed for me, thanks!