Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

MAC - WiFi disconnect

Hi,

I have a Macbook and everytime I lunch Spotify, I am losing my internet connection after a few seconds. The laptop seems still connected to the Wifi, however the internet connection is down.

It goes back to normal when I close Spotify... meaning that Spotify is the issue here.

Any help ?

Thank you

Hey @labadaman!

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread.

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help.

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @labadaman! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That sounds very odd. Could you let me know your Spotify and macOS versions? Also, does a clean reinstall with these steps help? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

labadaman

Hello,

It did not work.

The only way I have to get internet at the same time that Spotify is opened, is when I launch a diagnonsis. It says that my setup has changed. However it last less than a minute.

Mac OS version : Mac Sierra 10.12.6

Spotify : the one we download on your site (probably the last version available).

MonicaM_Bogota

Thanks for that info, @labadaman!

We'd like to get the exact Spotify version that you're using on your Mac. You can find this info if you click on Help > About Spotify. Also, can you try to log in using a different account and check if this is still happening?

Keep us posted. 

labadaman

Hello,

My spotify version is : 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8

Unfortunately, I don't have access to another account now. 

Please find a print screen about the message I got when I run a diagnosis on the internet connection when down.

When I run the diagnosis on my internet connection, all the 6 bullets turn green and that message appears (after a few second, the 3 last turns red again).

Sorry, I am french, so the message is in french.

Thank you for your help.

Capture d’écran 2017-08-15 à 10.35.30.pngCapture d’écran 2017-08-15 à 19.56.20.pngCapture d’écran 2017-08-15 à 19.57.19.png

MonicaM_Bogota

Thanks, @labadaman!

In this case, could you try to log in to your account using a different internet connection? Restarting your router would also worth a shot. Also, this is still happening if you log in using our web player?

Let us know how it goes. 

SergioDavid
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @labadaman!

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're closing this thread.

If you ever need us again, just let us know. We're always here to help.

TAHH

Could you perhaps reply to the thread rather than simply closing it? A few of us need solutions...