Hi! The Spotify app (18.104.22.1688.g4b100958) for macOS (10.15.5) crashes during launch when Offline Mode is enabled. This started happening on Jul 26, 2020.
1. Install Spotify, launch the app, and sign in
2. Enable Offline Mode by going to Spotify menu > Offline Mode
3. Quit the app
4. Try to relaunch the app (it will crash immediately)
Specifically, if "~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/prefs" contains the line "app.force-offline-mode=true", the app crashes during launch. The error is "[0728/104943.830831⚠️system_snapshot_mac.cc(42)] sysctlbyname kern.nx: No such file or directory (2) Segmentation fault: 11".
- Removing the "app.force-offline-mode=true" line solves the issue
- Reinstalling Spotify (including removing all artifacts in "~/Library/Application Support/Spotify" and "~/Library/Caches/*spotify*") does not solve it
- Turning off "Local Files" does not solve it
- Changing the "Offline songs storage" location does not solve it
- Restarting my computer does not solve it
- Logging into a Spotify test account (provided by support) does not solve it
- The issue does not happen on any other devices (tested on an iPhone and iPad)
My current workaround is to use the following alias to launch Spotify: "alias open_spotify='sed -i "" "/app\.force-offline-mode=true/d" "~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/prefs" && /Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify &'"