Thread: 393602 , 409632
Status: Resolved again
Having worked previously, installing and using Spotify-0.8.5.dmg seems to result in a crash, rendering the app unusable
2013-05-16: We are investigating the issue
2013-05-17: We have fixed this, again.
When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.
Spotify crashing on Mac. Will let me log in. Will load up page then page disappears. Process keeps repeating itself.
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. Opened up Spotify as usual
2. loaded page up for 2 seconds then page disappeared. Repeats itself when i try and reload
3. I deleted spotify app as per instructions in previous post (removing Caches, Restarting)
4. then i downloaded latest spotify app
5. New app asked for my log in and repeated as above. disappeared after 2 seconds.
6. have reinstalled app several times and deleted all items in trash can.
What I expected to happen
after following details on another post - it lead me to believe that the newest spotify update would work
What actually happened
My Operating System
(From the Apple menu, select About This Mac)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
My Spotify version
My internet provider and country
BT - Scotland
Got the same problem, I downgraded to 0.8.5 and it doesn't work anymore. It just crashes.
I'm getting so **bleep**ing pissed at spotify, if they won't let us downgrade I'll just end my subscription and use the new Google Play Music All Access.
Why are you doing this spotify? Why? Seriously just **bleep**ing why?
Spotify = Hollywood record labels + Goldman Sachs + Coca-Cola + some incompetent lifestyle executives.
These are not companies that are known for their care and respect of customers. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Draw your own conclusions.
Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.
And how long did we have to wait for a fix the last time something like this happened? A month or more I think. Who is the joker who is not making sure this version is not going to get crapped on every time an update rolls out? You'd think after the last debacle that this would be a no-brainer.
Hope this gets fixed soon!
I have the same problem as Crispyrhea. It happened to me exactly as how it was described in the post!
Please, Spotify, do something!
Me too since yesterday. Using 10.5.8 ios and the o.8.5.1333 spotify. Dissappears the second it opens. Would be good to have an update from Spotify! This needs to be sorted asap.......
AAAARGH. Not again. I've been surviving with the 0.8.5 downgrade until now, thanks to mvelinder:
I was so delighted when the above method worked in February. Now even this work-around appears to have been rendered useless. Why? Who has the time to deal with this nonsense? I fear this means it may be time to quit Spotify for good. Anyone out there with a solution? Anyone?
same issue here. Very annoying. I'm a premium customer so please fix.
Same problem here, since yesterday evening. Very frustrating...
Spotify crashes. I can log in but program doesn't open. There's no message about crashing ("application quit unexpectedly..").
1. I opened Spotify like always
2. It worked like 3-5 minutes, then crashed.
3. I tried to re-open it a few times, but it didn't
4. I deleted Spotify from my computer following instructions here on this forum
5. I downloaded it again
6. When I opened Spotify, it let me sing in but then crashed
7. Tried to delete and re-install it almost 10 times, but it doesn't work
Spotify working like always. I had problems before but re-installing helped.
Nothing. Spotify doesn't work
Mac OSX 10.5.8
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Sonera - Finland