[Mac][OSX 10.5] Spotify doesn't work any more

Thread: 393602409632

Description

Having worked previously, installing and using Spotify-0.8.5.dmg seems to result in a crash, rendering the app unusable

Additional information

-

Updates

2013-05-16: We are investigating the issue

2013-05-17: We have fixed this, again.

---

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes
Comments
sainz_m

Where do i delete the update? i just found a spotify file in the Aplications folder... i dont know where the other file is... can you help me? 

@Djangocat65 wrote:

Spotify is also not working well on Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Behavior: Spotify freezes following an automatic update.

Reason: When Spotify automatically updates itself in Mountain Lion, it does not install it in the Applications folder. Instead it installs it in an alternate folder (~/Applications). This results in two versions of Spotify that conflict with each other. This has been brought to Spotify's attention for months, but they have not acknowledged it.

Temporary solution: Delete the update. However, you must do this every time Spotify automatically updates itself, which is nearly every day.

Permanent solution: Spotify needs to use an appropriate method for updating in Mountain Lion, preferably giving the user the choice of whether to update or not.

--

-- Operating system(s) affected: 10.8.3
-- Version of Spotify: 0.9.0.128.g3134f863

brigadeiro
Casual Listener

I am using Mac OS 10.5.8 and can no longer use Spotify. About 4-6 months ago, Spotify started crashing directly when starting the program and it hasn't worked ever since. I have tried downloading various early versions of Spotify but none of them have worked.

What should I do? WIll I have to cancel my Spotify subscription as long as I use Mac OS 10.5.8 or is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

brigadeiro
Casual Listener

Just to clarify my previous message, I have also done as was described here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Help-my-spotify-doesn-t-open-anymore-on-M... - in terms of correctly removing a previous Spotify version before downloading a new one.

But it doesn't work - it keeps crashing.

brigadeiro
Casual Listener

4 hours and no response. What's an effective way to reach the Spotify Support team?

intocmsweb

Reference spotify crashing on mac OSX - recurring problem!

I first did a disk repair permissions (utilities, First Aid) that didn't have any affect.

My thoughts were around disk permissions for the problem. PROBLEM SOLVED FOR ME

Open up the Applications LIST view and find the app Spotify, single click to highlight, cmd I (capital i) you should now see the Spotify Info window. At the bottom - Sharing & Permissions. Ensure all the names and privileges are set to Read & Write. If you see the padlock at the bottom right in the lock position, unlock change and lock.

Yeah

aleatoric
Casual Listener

Hey, I'm running OSX 10.9.2 and just yesterday my spotify started doing the thing every seems to be talking about in this thread, it'll start but crash after a few seconds. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Is there a solution? 

aleatoric
Casual Listener

Nevermind- The above post seems to have fixed it.

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: Fixed