Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Mac desktop application forces discrete graphic card

Hi,

On my laptop (MacBook Pro mid-2010), Spotify (1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6) always uses the discrete graphic card (both the application itself as well as the helper deamon). Consequently, Spotify drains the battery.

After investigating the issue, I found that there were more users experiencing the problem, which was fixed using the following: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1734/_index.html, which Spotify has now adapted (which I found when I looked at Info.plist). However, this problem only fixes the issue for 2011 and later MBPs. Other's suggested it was due to the advertisements shown in Spotify, but I have been using premium for years now, so that is not the issue here.

Therefore, I would like to submit this as a new issue (or old issue that has not yet been fixed).

Thanks,

Joris

Hi guys!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard back from you in a while. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you still have the same issue.

Have a great day 🙂

Comments
simonberton

Hello.

I have a 2017 15 inch macbook pro and when I open spotify the GPU starts up and eats the battery.