Announcements
We're aware that some podcasts are unplayable right now. Additional info can be found here.

Make shuffle more random

I realise it is impossible for computers to be completely random but the 'Shuffle' feature seems to be completely crippled by adding one album.

I added Marron 5's 'Songs about Jane' (AMAZING ALBUM) earlier today to one of my playlists but now whenever I shuffle the playlist (with a total of around 150 songs) around 10 songs minimum from 'Songs about Jane' are immedietly queued. After this large clump of songs from the same album have passed the other songs seem to be more spread out in the que.

I tried spreading the songs throughout the playlist to no effect. I can't think why the system would think to group these songs when shuffling as it seems counter-productive... prehaps a problem with the programming?

Hey @fredfilz!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We’ve recently made some improvements to our shuffle algorithm. We’d love to hear your feedback here.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

Cheers.

Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @fredfilz!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We’ve recently made some improvements to our shuffle algorithm. We’d love to hear your feedback here.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

Cheers.